Bent valve?

Scrapson

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

personally I like to see a photo of the distributor cap and wire to see where they are going 

It's one of those things, you can look at it five hundred times and it will look right, but then you look once more and you see it - you've got the wires going to the wrong cylinders.

Well it ran I have the picture I gotta upload it but it just doesn’t idle it revvs up and stay up around 2500 RPM that’s what it sounds like but there is no pinging I really don’t know what else to do at this point. I’ll get the pictures up in a second. I adjusted the idle screw it didn’t really help. 

It’s just idling high I didn’t think to adjust the air fuel ratio I’ll go check that now. I already checked for vacuum leak with some starting fluid around the intake and any other place for vacuum that I could think of. It’s a new carb like has maybe 500 miles on it. 

I know the rad hose is jank I’m planning on getting new ones made soon just haven’t had the time since this shit show started. It’s an automatic choke unfortunately but it’s a DGEV with the electric secondaries I believe is what that has. It blew black smoke out the carb so I’m assuming it needs to be leaned out a considerable amount. 

The choke plates should be vertical and fully open when warmed up. If choke is on, the fast idle will be engaged.

Electric secondaries ???? No such thing. The 32/36 is progressive. When the primary gets about 50-60% open the secondary begins opening. It's mechanical... if you floor it both will open.

Dude WTF!!

I’m looking at the carb and you have idle jet selinoid .The red wire is going to the choke but you need to jumper that spot to the selinoid tab you see that is empty.Now maybe Mike or somebody else knows if the 78 model

Has a dedicated wire for the selinoid as a stock carb has these also.A Weber 32/36DGEV-IC I think.It comes like that.

Going with the photo like like it hasn’t been used as it’s not shiny.

Blue wire is for automatic electric choke. Red wire is for idle cut solenoid.

Not having the idle cut wired won't cause a fast idle it will prevent an idle. Idle cut must have power to it in order to idle at low speeds.

That picture shows the choke closed. Is it closed when warmed up?????

You can just jumper the choke wire to the selinoid to make this work. Cut that connector off and put 2wire in that same type of lug them loop the new wire to the selinoid.or use a piggy back jumper where you can just plug the existing wire an make a new section and plug in.sold in auto stores. 

the speed screw must be turned in a lot to bypass the idle circuit.so when the idle circuit starts to work you need to back it off.most times it’s not more than 1.5 turns if that. So with mixture.timmimg and speed adjustment should be adjusted in at this time once warmed up.

Edited by banzai510(hainz)
  • Like 1