hydraulics help needed

marky510

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the OEM ones are available anymore. The 320s had SAE threads (3/8-24 I believe). Datsun switched to metric threads, but I believe those will bolt in. The bore size is different though.

One cool feature of the 320 wheel cylinders is the "manifold" that bolts to it. It makes it so that you could use a metric cylinder but retain the SAE hard line. You would only have to source a metric banjo bolt to secure the manifold to the new cylinder.

For the front of the 320, if memory serves me correctly, the hoses I bought were from a late 50s, early 60s Chevy truck. They were nearly identical to the OEM units.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the info. Found the 521 cylinders and Rockauto, hopefully they actually have them, but watching the ebay ones just in case Rockauto falls thru.

The rear brake hose I'm going to try and retro the 521 hose to  a clip style...

Lemme see if I have some pics... I know y'all love pics

• Like 2

As requested...

20190105_145628.jpg

Just did rear lowering blocks, still need to go down a little more but waiting until mostly assembled. I will be doing a build thread on this so watch for it.

20180519_180329.jpg

The day I picked it up

20190308_170515.jpg

The day it was delivered to me

2013-11-30%2011.59.10.jpg

I don't have too many pics of this, but pretty much current state of rust repair

20180823_180851.jpg

Getting ready to go to Historics last August for the Nissan event. My old 521 behind it.

1965_ford_cortina_1562197466cbe183b9042-

Sold this late last year. The buyer finished it up and it just sold on BaT.

5 hours ago, mklotz70 said:

I'd almost consider another project car if it was a 312 wagon....or the 520 truck based version.

Are you using a free photobucket account?  If so, you're probably stuck with it.

Thanks Mike, I was thinking that was the issue.

And my front brakes on the 312 were inspired from all your work that you've been posting over the years. Thank you for all your hard work.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, marky510 said:

anyone know how to get rid of the photobucket overlay?

Pay PhotoBucket money.  Or switch to another picture hosting site.  I left Photobucket years ago when they held my pictures ransom.  I use PostImage now.  The best way is to Have your own website to host your pictures on.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, marky510 said:

Thanks Mike, I was thinking that was the issue.

And my front brakes on the 312 were inspired from all your work that you've been posting over the years. Thank you for all your hard work.

You're more than welcome.....and thank you. :)   

Looking forward to seeing more pics of it and the brakes.  Hopefully, I don't miss it.  I follow very little on ratsun these days.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, marky510 said:

1965_ford_cortina_1562197466cbe183b9042-

Sold this late last year. The buyer finished it up and it just sold on BaT.

I saw that and almost bid on it. What a cool car.

My photobucket pics don't have the overlaid stamp, but I pay for an account. Not sure they even offer free accounts anymore, do they?

• Like 1

Off topic, but there 9240 pics and 300+vids on my PB account and they take up 19G according to PB.  Nearly all of those are on Ratsun somewhere.  I went through and backed them all up on one of my drives a year or two ago when PB become A-holes for a bit.  If something happens to Ratsun or PB, I can pretty much guarantee that I will not bother to restore any of the info. lol

• Like 2

I have a ton of pics in my build thread that are now dead links. It's a bummer now that I'm putting my truck back together. :(

What that means is I'm going to be bugging you fine gents with pic requests of things like hood release linkages, wiring stuff etc. 

• Like 2

Data storage today is practically limitless. I got a new camera years ago and it holds about 8 pictures. They expect you to choose your own storage card for it. Through ignorance got a card for it. It says there is enough room for 29,000 pictures storage now.

• Like 2