whats it worth $$$

so i have my 510 torn all apart tight now, and i have pretty much every single part to finish the car except for brakes. but a buddy of mine wants to buy the car soooo bad and for the right $$$ everything has a price. but i know what i paid for the car vs what it's worth are 2 different numbers and i want to know what some real 510 experts think the car is worth.

Body: 1972 Datsun 510 with BRE flares, 1969 firebird tail lights molded in to the car, no rust except for one hole about the size of a quarter in the floor pan, clean title, all good glass, cherry dash, PERFECT black headliner, very nice black back seat, very nice black door and rear panels, factory NISMO old school steering wheel, all good wiring, and very straight body, very nice 68' grill, all trim is in good conition, PERFECT front valance.

Suspension: full custom coil overs(VERY NICE!!), adjustable TC, rods, cut springs in rear, and the rest is stock.

motor: fresh rebuilt L20B, closed chamber A87 head fully ported and polished with big valves hardened seats bronze guides and heavy springs, a HUGE race cam, brand new timing set, port matched L16 intake manifold, shorty header fully welded and surfaced flat, new cap and rotor, polished valve cover.

trans: dogleg 5 speed

i'm sure there is some i am forgetting but keep in mind the motor and trans are out of the car, and the coilovers and TC rods are BRAND new and not installed. i'm just looking for a ball park range of what to ask for it if i end up going to sell it. i was offered $1500 for everything so idk...

DSCF0130.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

DSCF0133.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A running, driving 510 is worth more than a collection of parts. If you have nice parts, they are potentially worth more money than a complete car - if you want to deal with parting it out, etc.

I think it is a pretty good looking 510. I'm not a fan of flares, and I still like the car. I think $1500 is a fair price. I have paid a lot more for a lot less.

sorry, it was an accident. and yeah i know it'd be worth more complete. and the parts i have are all very nice, most of which are brand new. if i dont get good money for the car, i'll just build it. i would love to finish it. and if i do i know i'll keep it. the only reason i want to sell it right now is because i'm about a grand short of the 13" brake kit for my Nova...

Selling a 510 for Nova parts ????? WTF? A car that means NO GO in spanish, American, and super common? Just my two cents but NO. Before I got into 510's I wanted a Nova 2, now Im thinkin why......common muscle car man, its a 510, a part of racing history you are considering a low ball trade.NO!:confused:

You will regret it

yeah i love the 510's but i've had the nova since i was 13. it's a 1971 factory marina blue with black deluxe interior, REAL SS 396 L78 4-speed 12 bolt car.. i have all of the numbers matching stuff for it, build sheets and all. plus i am more of a muscle car guy anyways. no matter how you look at it a 450+ horse muscle car sideways is going to be 300% more fun than any 510!

sell the car for 2K$ on graiglist

that car has great potential but amazed how good cars go bad on bright ideas!!!!!!(common Datsun owner trait,ran out of money.lost interest I dont know what I got into)

I always wondered if I sold my Banzai beater 510( owned it 20years now) , would make it 2 years before it would be in the back yard waiting for the Never to Happen KA/SR swap. rotting away!!!!!!!

Think you should sell it to Jeff (Icehouse)and Frank for cheap so it will be running in a few days!!!!!!!!!

no matter how you look at it a 450+ horse muscle car sideways is going to be 300% more fun than any 510!

I guess you have never used that 510 for what someone started to build.

Going sideways comming put of a corner at 80-100 MPH. on a track is WAY more fun than smokin tires in a straight line. Done both, I'll take the datsun any day. But the nova on the back burner finish the 510. just my 2 pennies.

yea so i payed 800 for my dime and it didnt have any go fast parts and came with 2 engines that i new nothing about... and needs lots of TLC as for the rust, im sure your quarter sized hole is all you can see and there is more in there:D but i would not sell this car for 1500 bucks or even 2000. everyone gets in a bind for money and sometimes end up selling things that they really like and will regret it later. this would be a good example of that. finish the 510 and drive the shit out of it! :lol: as for brakes on a dime i payed $$194.00 for a complete set of new brake parts all the way around!

The Nova will be worth much more money than any 510, unless the 510 can be proven a rare race car or something. Its a classic musclecar and they go lots of cash even now(too much in my opinion, but they do) and a lot more people want them. I would take a 71 Nova over most Datsuns if it was in goiod shape body wise. So much more you can do with them and you can make the handle great to.

I like all kind of cars. I have a 65 Shelby Mustang fastback replica, 75 Celica and a 1972 datsun 510. But as far as resale value, no holds bar, Muscle cars wins...Datsuns and Toyotas, specially ol skool ones like 70s, have a small market as compared to muscle cars. That's plain and simple.

I guess you have never used that 510 for what someone started to build.

Going sideways comming put of a corner at 80-100 MPH. on a track is WAY more fun than smokin tires in a straight line. Done both, I'll take the datsun any day. But the nova on the back burner finish the 510. just my 2 pennies.

agreed. hands down, datsun more fun than a muscle car

Edited by Moisabamf
im an idiot

well lets do it then. PIR drag race, road race, or auto x, any datsun that wants to take on a camaro.... let me know! i am ready. i'm not saying at all that the datsuns aren't cool, fast, very fun little cars. you just cant argue with a 400 rwhp muscle car that's setup to drag or road race with the flick of a couple buttons, and a turn of a spanner wrench.

sorry, i wasn't trying to say they were better, it was a typo on my part, i wrote run instead of fun, damn new computer:D

i have respect for the muscles cars, they are incredible in their own fashions, their beautiful cars, but their just not my thing.

the dattos are smaller, cooler, and just fun to have(IMO)

Edited by Moisabamf
well lets do it then. PIR drag race, road race, or auto x, any datsun that wants to take on a camaro.... let me know! i am ready. i'm not saying at all that the datsuns aren't cool, fast, very fun little cars. you just cant argue with a 400 rwhp muscle car that's setup to drag or road race with the flick of a couple buttons, and a turn of a spanner wrench.

:lol:

Im in... just let me finish my 510... and let the weather change so that its nice enough for me to drive it to portland! your 400 pony car is also more than twice the weight of a 510 so your not ever going to get the handeling

not trying to knock on muscle cars i grew up with them and have a few hotrods my self but this is my first import and so far im having the most cheap fun with it