'72 510 Goon - Prova - because it will be a test

rosso

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the original solid lines (that leaked) with what I would say are flared ends just like in the ebay ad you linked. I replaced the master cylinder with a larger one and then the lines leaked. When I saw that kit (you mentioned a couple of posts back) I asked if they would sell me just the two lines I needed but they only sell the whole kit. That's why I had the braided SS lines made.

Thanks.

Edited by rosso

I am still fighting with a speedometer cable leak at the transmission and while working on it decided to pull the pinion gear even though it did not appear that the leak was coming from it.

I have a 5-speed 71C transmission and a green pinion gear with the stock '72 510 wagon rear. It looks like this (except green):

s-l400.jpg

Does anyone know if that is the correct pinion gear? I am also missing the hold down bracket and bolt so I will be ordering them and an o-ring. If I need a new pinion gear I would want to order it at the same time if I need to.

Thanks for any input.

Edited by rosso
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, that didn't go so well...

The installers broke the windshield replacement yesterday. Not sure when I can get another. So I will take the opportunity to try and get a piece of headliner material to install on the "A" pillar.

Anyone have a piece?

IMG_0475-1.thumb.jpg.ff78f53275f5faebed1d6d7bbaf6fd11.jpg

Will also post in classified wanted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

So I am now looking for a glass installer to put in a new windshield since I don't have a lot of confidence in the people who broke the used glass that I had.

Anyone know a good installer for our old cars?

I have not found another windshield yet either, but am hopeful for some leads. Does anyone have a windshield they want to sell?

It is now not looking good to make it to Powerland with the car...bummer.

I keep checking things off the to-do list and it is getting shorter. Windshield scheduled for tomorrow, brake lines being remade, shifter bushing ordered from Amazon.

I would have come to Powerland except no windshield - and I heard it rained.

Rear hatch done! Looks so much better.

IMG_0797-2.jpg.cffaebc7e28c1df1f323d52f9c669dbf.jpg

what I had before

336-1.jpg.79c2dda32374f42cdc932fab737178f6.jpg

and inside

IMG_0799-1.jpg.69d8ac8681920863a85a237b34c6e8a8.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Did some interior work while I still try to find the crush washers for the two fittings on the bottom of the master cylinder. (mine leak).

New kick panel and sound deadening on passenger side. 🙂

IMG_0847-1.jpg.63eacdd028f110cc98df551b393b3fde.jpg

Front carpet kit to come when everything else is done.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally go all the stuff out of the back of the wagon I was storing and most of it back on the car so I got a chance to see the back seat and I 'm happy.

It has been sitting for about 10 or 15 years (before I got it) so a quick wipe and this is the result:

IMG_0866-1.thumb.jpg.69abb5bd2730ea60a5ef76d78d8fc468.jpg

• Like 3