Happy Turkey Day

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How we do it here.  But not this year...   you know it’s good when people do this much work.  But one Imu can cook 100 turkeys.  And the Turkeys we get here are gamey as hell if you cook in the oven.  Most do just buy a Turkey, but bagging a Turkey is so easy here.  

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Jesse C. said:

And so do Fryers, if you know what you are doing...

InWBCu.jpg

I fried our turkey one year.  Tasted great.  But not really better.  And I had a shit ton of oil to dispose of.  

Ive gotta wonder how many people dump oil down the drain after Turkey day.  I know some folks save it, or some to fry with again, but how many recycle it?  Guaranteed the sewage plants all get fucked this time of year.  You guys seen pics of the fat-bergs in the sewer?  

Edited by tr8er
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, tr8er said:

I fried our turkey one year.  Tasted great.  But not really better.  And I had a shit ton of oil to dispose of.  

Ive gotta wonder how many people dump oil down the drain after Turkey day.  I know some folks save it, or some to fry with again, but how many recycle it?  Guaranteed the sewage plants all get fucked this time of year.  You guys seen pics of the fat-bergs in the sewer?  

I will use my oil again on Christmas and New Years. Doing some chicken and game hens. Maybe one more turkey. Then I take it to the recycling at the city dump. 

• Like 1

It's NOT motor oil. It's vegetable oil with some bird fat mixed in. Recycle it??? Give it to some green diesel owner or just chuck it down the drain with all the other cooking oils on all the other plates in all the other homes after washing the dishes after every meal.

• Like 2

That’s a whole lotta oil.  It fucks up septic systems, so I’ve gotta assume it would be bad for sewage treatment.  Bio diesel guys must love the holidays though.  I fed it to my dog over several months the one time I fried one.  A little oil on dry chow makes a happy dog.  

Jesse, I’ve heard frying gets better every time you re-use oil.  True?  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tr8er said:

That’s a whole lotta oil.  It fucks up septic systems, so I’ve gotta assume it would be bad for sewage treatment.  Bio diesel guys must love the holidays though.  I fed it to my dog over several months the one time I fried one.  A little oil on dry chow makes a happy dog.  

Jesse, I’ve heard frying gets better every time you re-use oil.  True?  

It actually does, it does get more flavor. And not a burnt one! Maybe it is because of the seasonings from turkey just flavor it up more. 

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

It's NOT motor oil. It's vegetable oil with some bird fat mixed in. Recycle it??? Give it to some green diesel owner or just chuck it down the drain with all the other cooking oils on all the other plates in all the other homes after washing the dishes after every meal.

They have a recycling for restaurant waste, it is not mixed in with motor oil 

• Like 1