Sign in to follow this  
distributorguy

Survey: what tire/wheel size do you run?

Just wondering what everyone is using.  

Race truck: 15x25x5" Goodyear Frontrunners

Parts truck (being built) 205/75R14s with 80's Nissan alloy rims for now.  

What do you have, and how much have you lowered your truck?

Found some Chev or Ford 15". Progressed from 225s to 235s to 31X10.5 to 33X12.5 as the truck progressed. The 31X10.5 rubbed with torsion bars maxed out and a 4" body lift. Hammered the floor for clearance, rubbed on turning bumps. The 33s cleared with a SAS and F-170 leaf springs.

I run P195/75R14 on most everything I own if I buy them, if I am given them they are what they are, most everything I own is close to stock height except the 320s.

I do have one truck that is lowered, it is my 1966 Datsun 520, it is highly modified and very low, the front cross member under the oil pan is 2 3/4 inches off the ground, the rear leaf plate that holds the rear leafs to the rear axle is 3 inches off the ground, but the front mount for the rear leafs is what drags on the ground the most, I am running P185/60R14 tires on that truck, the only way I could lower that truck any more is to do a body drop or drive it into a hole, it would then be lower. :lol:

As it sits today in my driveway.

DSCN7494.jpg

521; K5 Blazer wheels; 195/65R15 tires.

3" blocks with a few leaves removed.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/66135-lets-try-this-again-flatcats-521/page-31?do=findComment&comment=1360788

Click link, as I have not done anything to repair all my photos.

Not tucked or hellaflushed. Still sits pretty low even considering how tall my tires truly are. Tire fitment is pretty good. Light roll to the upper most part of the rear fenders. Other than that,no issues. I dig the way it sits. Can't stand the look of 50 series tires on old cars- no matter how low the thing is.

I'm running 195/75/r14's on the stock 620 rims. I've got a set of slot mags that are 14x6.5 and I'm planning on running 185/60 on those. 

0v11QWz.jpg

I like turbine wheels, but you need center caps.

LHhzq9C.jpg

Running 15x7 and 15x10 Cyclone II's with Cooper Cobras. 215R65-15 in the front and 275R60-15 out back.

I like turbine wheels, but you need center caps.

No doubt. They're on the list. Would love to find some of the old cast/embossed Western Wheel caps, but will probably just go with something more generic.

Couple sets of wheels from way back when.

FAGoacP.jpg

kyE3kU2.jpg

Some of you will find this silly, but I want to run my 4x100 wheels on the 620, some instagram page sells conversion spacers.

dxDm1vc.png

My old 521/4-speed got 235x75-15s on 8" steel wagon wheels, to get some top end.

The 620 with an early '80s 5-speed has 225x60-15s on 7", -15 offset Enkei Decem-10 wheels.

DSC07329.jpg