620 king cab window gaskets

dat620

For the record,i have seals on order with Tom.I ordered them with door gaskets & front and rear windscreen gaskets which all showed up at my house PDQ.There is another topic on here about windscreen gaskets-get them from Tom.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks guys, i really need the support and kind words right now, and yes i have all the other seals in stock and ready to go, thx z for the acknowledgement, i also have a lot of other truck stuff available and yet to come, thx tom

thanks guys, i really need the support and kind words right now, and yes i have all the other seals in stock and ready to go, thx z for the acknowledgement, i also have a lot of other truck stuff available and yet to come, thx tom

Tom, Thanks for the update, wish I would have known that you had the other seals in stock, I would have bought from you instead of the guy I got them from. I still need the wiper seals that go on the door windows, the only ones I have found are for the 3rd world trucks with vent windows, or reddats over priced ones. Also I'm looking for the fuzzies that go on the inside on the deluxe door panels that go all the way up to the window. Any help would be appreciated. :)

both of those are in the works projects, the window squeeges and wiper felts are all upcoming, after they are finished with the 1/4 window seals, i will let every one know when they are ready, and only when they are done, but yea i do carry all the other seals and 510 seals and z car seals, thx tom

• 4 weeks later...

well as a lot of you know the seal manufacturer has drug thier feet a bit, but...i will have some very good, great news around sept 15th or so abouts, all i can say for know is i showed them the other sellers post and things are flying in a good way, and price wise i will match or beat the other guys prices( all those that helped and pre paid will get a price differance refund as soon as i ship the seals to you), remember these are american made and carry a 100 pecent warranty, as i discussed earlier in this thread, i realize that a lot of you are ready to chomp at the bit for new seals, i have went ahead and purchased 200 sets(pairs) of seals so there will be no shortage or long term waits, and i will have them in stock as well as the other 620 seals i already have, hopefully around the same time i will have the "dats n more" web site up and going, and as always i will take pay pal on the web site too, so please stay tuned in and i will update as i see and hear, thx for all your support and help, and mike ( datsunland so cal) congratulations i hope all goes well with your project, and i have no hard feelings about it, after all bussiness is bussiness, correct... ps if any one has the need or feels they need to call me my cell is 602-323-4422, remember i can not answer during work hours, but after that is fine or on the week ends thx tom

• 4 weeks later...

talked to the seal manufacturer this week, we are still on schedule for the 15th-20th of september to get the 1/4 window seals to me, and then with in a few days to every one that has helped by hangin in there, as stated before, i will be doing a price match refund to all who pre-paid, i was able to secure 200 hundred sets of seals to insure no more long term waits or shortages, it will take approx 60-90 days to get more made in the future, so when i say i have them, those of you that want to buy them, you should not wait, because i do not want any more delays in getting seals to those that want them, again i apoligize for all the problems, and i realize it has been real diffacult for some to believe but this happens when we try to do something that has not been around for a couple decades, hang in there it will soon be completed, then on to other projects, BUT NO MORE PRE PAYS, thanks again to all who helped, i am really gettin pretty excited about this, after 4 years of stuggling and turn downs finally almost done...YEAH!!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

i will have more info tomorrow, monday oct 3, i do know that they pushed back the delivery date til this week, they wanted to ck out a few gaskets to insure quality control, i will be posting some very great and exciting news on monday, thx and stay tuned, tom

ok all, the time has come, i spoke with the seal manufacturer friday, and the seals shipped out today on the way to me, all cked out ok, and i should have them before or at the end of the week, it will take approx 3-4 days, as soon as i get them i will post a picture and get them rolling out to every one who has pre paid, along with the differance refund i promised to those that pre paid, i will only be selling them to the pre paid peeps at 60.00 per pair, the price to all others will remain at 79.95 + 10.95 shipping cost, which = 90.90, again thx to all who helped and were very, very patient and hung in there, after all the pre paids are sent out i will be selling the remainder of the seals, so when i say get them while they are hot, you best be gettin them, i do not know if i will be running another production of them or not, and if i do it may take any where from 60 days to 6 months, the reason being is my order is small compared to the companies they normaly deal with, so just in case, if you need them when they are available, get them while you can, do not hesitate, if you think you may need them, get them then, if you plan on doing a restore or upholstery on the interior including the headliner, you will need to replace seals if they are bad, just saying, it is always good to have new ones on hand, thx tom

also i would like for every one who pre paid to re-afirm your shipping address with me, either by pm here on ratsun, or to me at dat620@hotmail.com, just incase any one moved, ther were a few refunds sent out to peeps that went to old addresses, so let me know the correct shipping address, thx tom

also i would like for every one who pre paid to re-afirm your shipping address with me, either by pm here on ratsun, or to me at dat620@hotmail.com, just incase any one moved, ther were a few refunds sent out to peeps that went to old addresses, so let me know the correct shipping address, thx tom

PM Incomming

Tom,you might ask the maker for long-term storage instructions and post them here.I know one of my pairs is going on the shelf for quite awhile.

X2

long term storage is as follows, leave in original wrapper, the plastic bag is designed to breathe, store in a cool dry place, such as in a closet or cabinet in the house or in the garage, would be better in the house, more climate control that way, avoid extreme cold while in the original wrapper, when on the vehicle treat with rubber and vynal dressing such as son of a gun, or something that is not oil based(avoid armour all), it is suggested to treat the seals a few times per year to prolong life of the rubber, thats about all, thx tom...thanks for the replys on addresses.

• 2 weeks later...

thursday oct 13 i received a phone call from my neighbor, the boxes i have been waiting for arrived on fed ex, he would put them in his garage til i got home, the day drug on from 10 am and the phone call til 5pm, seemed like the longest day i had ever lived, i rushed home to retrieve my shippment from my neighbor, we carried them to my garage and all the while i was smilin from ear to ear, he had asked me what it was and why i was so excited, i explained the last 2 years in a nut shell, he said great and congrats on my adventure, i went to my tool box to get my razor knife and proceeded to cut open the boxes, i was as happy as a child on christmas day, then i noticed something differant, the first couple of bags seemed to big for what i was looking for, then i thought oh yeah they probably put the windshield gaskets in there also , i kept digging only to find more of the same, i stopped and cked the part numbers, they were correct but the gaskets did not match...my first thought was they sent me some one elses order, then i realized there was a very big mistake here, i left a message for my production/sales manager on his work voice mail, and went to bed pissed off, friday the 14th of oct i waited for a return phone call from the manufacturer, i received my return call at 8am, i asked what had happened, he stayed quiet for a moment then began to apologize and tried to explain what he thought happened, some where along the line between programing the molding machine and final product some one failed to ck or qc the seals, instead of being 37.6 inches long, they are 3.76 meters long...i know it sounds to fairy tailish, but truth is stranger then fiction, some one/ no one qced or cked the seals, now i have several large boxes of gigantic gaskets for what i do not know(see attached pictures), i am going to have my sales/production manager contact every one who has pre paid, by either email or phone call, they are now working on a way to get the order re done and expidited to me, i will contact every one my self also, i really can not belive this has happened, it has taken me from friday til today(sunday) to get on here and tell you all this, i am so very sorry and can not tell you all how truely upset and dismayed i am over this, please be expecting either a phone call or email from the manufacturer, i am going to forward all info i have to him, and when you do talk or email him he will answer all the questions he can...thx tom seals2.jpgSeals.jpg

as a follow up, i have been in contact with the manufacturer, and forwarded all the info i have, some he will contact here on ratsun, some he will email, others he will call as i have very few phone numbers and very few email addresses, i have forwarded what i have, thx tom