510 cannot figure it out

jay cky

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if anyone needs anything cars gonna be getting gutted shortly:blink:

A car doesn't have to be gutted to install JDM engine, the added power should throw off any performance losses a few extra pounds would make. Interior is a beautiful thing. This coming from a dude who just put carpet in his car after 5 years of metal floors!! I just wish I had enough money to make my car as quite as Rich's blue bird.

Sounds like a nice motor......for me to poop on! :D I detest V8 swaps. Just detest V8 motors in general. Don't like working on them either. At least my designed in the 60s L series doesn't have pushrods!

If I had to use one it would be a Titan V8 just because it's Nissan, but in my opinion a built up 280z motor would be a whole lot nicer. I dunno, just my two cents, but everyone gets so wrapped up with that "V8 sound" and "sooo much torque." So f***ing what?! Hell if you want huge displacement, just throw a Jeep 4.0 liter 6 in it. That would still be better an a 350.

Well i missed out on a sr20det complete with tranny and everything for 2000.

Kinda pissed.

What place can i get a turn key high end rice block from? That someone can say trust these guys!!!!

The LS1 tranny and all the parts i need are just down the street and i can pick any of them i want.... Makes it kind of hard not to want to do.....

i personally say that a chevy 4.3 vortec v6 would be the way to go not as heavy as the 350 but it still basicly is a 350 with 2 less cylenders plenty of power for somthing as light as a dime (come on they put these motors in trucks) and all the aftermarket support you can think of and best of all there cheap go to the yards pull one out of a mid 90s 1500w/t its got the 5 speed and all

i personally say that a chevy 4.3 vortec v6 would be the way to go not as heavy as the 350 but it still basicly is a 350 with 2 less cylenders plenty of power for somthing as light as a dime (come on they put these motors in trucks) and all the aftermarket support you can think of and best of all there cheap go to the yards pull one out of a mid 90s 1500w/t its got the 5 speed and all

I did the 4.3 swap in my wrangler it is bad ass! if you do it get a 94 or newer because they have the better injection system. I bought a 94 blazer RUNNING off craigslist for 500 bucks overhauled the injection and cut all the crap out of the wiring harness that i didnt need and swaped it straight in had it running in about a week. as far as transmisisons go for this motor Novak adapters or advanced adapter has everything you need to strap basicly any transmission to one of these.

with a dime the best avenue would be to get like 3.43 gears or something close to that and a three speed transmission that thing would have a wicked powerful and long first gear you could take anyone in the quarter with the right gearing