Portland Area Meetup 8pm 11/1/08

slodat

I have no problems wiht the location, and the coffee uis actually very cheap. Cheaper than starbucks by far.

All I see is a bunch of complaining. If you guys want to start a new meet, just do it in another thread, otherwise people starting getting all confused if there is a meet, and where it is, then no one shows up. If parking is the concern, just go meet up at the 24 hour star bucksdown the road.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problems wiht the location, and the coffee uis actually very cheap. Cheaper than starbucks by far.

All I see is a bunch of complaining. If you guys want to start a new meet, just do it in another thread, otherwise people starting getting all confused if there is a meet, and where it is, then no one shows up. If parking is the concern, just go meet up at the 24 hour star bucksdown the road.

I'm sorry, I had no intention of this sounding like complaining. I enjoy the current location and food after the meet is close too. I even had to park out on the street this last week, made a cool picture too.

I was more interested in the idea of promoting this event into a little larger event, an event that would accomodate more people with ease and be closer to more people.

the starbucks isnt 24 anymore

did anyone show? Hugh and I got there around 8:40 and hung out and drank our coffee and we saw on orange dime roll up just as we where getting ready to leave so we stayed and hung out out for a while. :D

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

we stopped to get gas on the way home and my vent hose started leaking a ton of fuel :eek: the hose had split down past the nipple and the clamp.

where it leaked when i was filling

IMG_0120.jpg

leakage after we pushed it to a parking spot to fix it

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

i tryed everything up to a penny to try and fix it before i noticed the split hose, the i grabbed a roll of duct tape from the mini mart and just wrapped the hell out of it to stop it long enough to get back to hughs :rolleyes:

IMG_0119.jpg

when we got back we managed to super jimmy rig up some hoses and get it fixed (always be thankful for a garage full of "stuff":lol:) i was drenched in gas :mad:

the gas just ate away the tape

IMG_0123.jpg

lol bailed out yet again by HughDogZ hahaha

IMG_0125.jpg

yup, its a ratsun lol

Sorry Rob. Had to work. Next week? I owe u for the vinyl too. :) Is the owner of the orange dime on here? Never seen it before.

Man, I was at least expecting Steve to show since he got new kicks. Was warm out too tonite. Hope this isn't already starting to fall apart..........

-Brian

Sorry Rob. Had to work. Next week? I owe u for the vinyl too. :) Is the owner of the orange dime on here? Never seen it before.

Man, I was at least expecting Steve to show since he got new kicks. Was warm out too tonite. Hope this isn't already starting to fall apart..........

-Brian

That would be me.

Dislexic, Yello620 and I got there just before 8. We stayed until literally 8:45. No one else had showed so we went to Red Robin and got some food. It was the perfect night.

I have no clue why that parking lot was chosen. It is almost always completely full - making it a very poor place to meet. Add to that it is on a one way street and people have a time finding it for some reason.

I'm headed out of town for a couple weeks. But, the next Saturday I'm in town, I'll recommend meeting in the huge EMPTY Red Robin parking lot..

I'm headed out of town for a couple weeks. But, the next Saturday I'm in town, I'll recommend meeting in the huge EMPTY Red Robin parking lot..

Good call Slodat! I really wanted to head down to Red Robin, but we were thinking more Ratsun guys might show up and not know about Red Robin.

I think we should meet up at Red Robin next week. If it is cold or rainy, we could meet up at the Burlingame Fred Meyer, where they have covered parking (with good lighting) that is below the Burger King parking lot. :thumbup:

Even though it was just Joe, Skib and I we had more than enough to talk about for 3-4 hours. ;)

We saw the same gray R33 Skyline (the one with the RWD sticker) roll through, and also a white R35 GTR. Meh, they never stop by to say "hi" anyway...:fu: :lol: