Anybody seen this analysis of the RATSUN Site?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

comply: Yeah, I agree, I was looking at those numbers too and they didn't make much sense... maybe the percentage are people who consistantly come online, or who spend the most time here? With the children one it would make sense, I suppose... those of us without kids are probably more likely to spend time screwin' around on a website than doing something productive. :rolleyes:

Those percentages make no sense.

statistics :rollseyes:

my data isnt included :D

... a portion of the 1 percent of addicts.:D

shamelessly stolen, attributed to the AMA :fu: (but it kinda fits)

"It assured worried citizens that 99 percent of its members were law-abiding citizens, thereby marginalizing the remaining "1 percent" as outlaws."

1perclogo300_1.jpg

Edited by hang_510
Hang: I remember hearing something about that... wasn't there a biker gang or something called "1%"? The pic reminded me of it...

eesss nawt a gang, eesss a club :lol:

maybe there is??? usually not any particular association, many use it, because of the statement i posted.

The primary visual identification of a member of an MC is the vest adorned with a specific large club patch or patches, predominantly located in the middle of the back. The patch(es) will contain a club logo, the name of the club, and the letters "MC", and a possible state, province, or other chapter identification. This garment and the patches themselves are referred to as the "colors", or, sometimes, "cuts", a term taken from the early practice of cutting the collars and/or sleeves from a denim or leather jacket. Many non-outlaw motorcycle riding clubs (as opposed to MCs) such as Harley Owners Group (HOG) also wear patches on the back of their jackets or vests, but the letters "MC" are nowhere to be seen on such patches. This is an important distinction, for only true Motorcycle Clubs sport the "MC" moniker. The 1% patch is what distinguishes the outlaw Motorcycle Clubs from normal Motorcycle Clubs.[/b'] Motorcycle Associations or Rider Clubs are not allowed to wear the MC patch.

Ok, not a particular motorcycle club, but any outlaw biker gang.

/end off topic

I find myself constantly quoting George Carlin and prefacing my comments with his line; If you remember the sixties, you probably weren't there.

Wasn't the 1% in reference to a line that Marlon Brando delivers in that archetypical biker movie The Wild Ones. It seems to me that that line was co-opted by biker gangs to flaunt their outlaw status.

When I was coming up in the Bay Area, I had some, ah, ur, you know... business dealings... with some rather unsavory characters that happened to be affiliated with the Angels, Gypsy Jokers even with some Soul Brothers. I'm not sure if there was actually a club called the 1%ers, but I remember the term being applied to hard core bikers.

I knew two different guys at different times. One from San Deigo area and one from Denver. They were both psychopaths, both into building bikes, dealing, guns and striking fear into the hearts of straight people. They both refered to themselves as 1%ers, proud to be outlaws and of no social value. Neither were in gangs.

Where is Kiznook? He knows about movies and stuff. I need a fact check here.

OK, now I'm tripping on this. Googol search reveals a partial clip from wikipedia:

Members of these motorcycle clubs are often viewed in a negative light by traditional society. This perception has been fueled by the movies, popular culture, and highly publicized incidents. One of the earliest and most notorious of these occurred in Hollister, California in 1947[9] [10] and is now dubbed the Hollister riot. Whether or not an actual riot occurred is debatable, but there was a motorcycle rally in Hollister from July 4 to July 6 of that year that was attended by about 4000 people. Several newspaper articles were written that, according to some attendees, sensationalized the event and Life magazine ran an article and a staged photograph of an intoxicated subject on a motorcycle parked in a bar. The film The Wild One, starring Marlon Brando, was inspired by the event, and it became the first in a series of movies that depicted bikers and members of motorcycle clubs in this stereotypical manner. The press asked the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) to comment on the Hollister incident and their response[citation needed] was that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, and the last one percent were outlaws. Thus was born the term, "one percenter".

During the 1940s and 1950s, at rallies and gatherings sponsored by the AMA, prizes were awarded for nicest club uniform, prettiest motorcycle, and so forth. Some clubs, however, rejected the clean-cut image and adopted the "one-percenter" moniker, even going so far as to create a diamond shaped 1% patch to wear on their vests as a badge of honor. One-percenter clubs point out that the term "one-percenter" simply means that they are committed to "biking and brotherhood", where riding is not just a weekend activity, but a way of living. These clubs assert that local and national law enforcement agencies have co-opted the term to paint them as criminals. Sonny Barger and others went even further than wearing the rhombus-shaped patch on their colors and had the symbol tattooed on their upper bodies. In his autobiography, Mr. Barger recalls how, early on (1950's), there was an informal agreement amongst the one-percenters, regardless of gang affiliation, with certain guidelines such as "no stealing" (from each other), no "rat-packing" (on fellow one-percenters) and so forth. However, Sonny and his fellow members soon quit the "one-percenters club" because, as he describes it in his book, they felt that the other self-described one-percenters were not of equal status to the Hells Angels, and since a Hells Angel's primary allegiance needed to be to his fellow Angels, there was no need or desire for any such further affiliation with this self-described group.[11]

[edit]

I find myself constantly quoting George Carlin and prefacing my comments with his line; If you remember the sixties, you probably weren't there.

Wasn't the 1% in reference to a line that Marlon Brando delivers in that archetypical biker movie The Wild Ones. It seems to me that that line was co-opted by biker gangs to flaunt their outlaw status.

When I was coming up in the Bay Area, I had some, ah, ur, you know... business dealings... with some rather unsavory characters that happened to be affiliated with the Angels, Gypsy Jokers even with some Soul Brothers. I'm not sure if there was actually a club called the 1%ers, but I remember the term being applied to hard core bikers.

I knew two different guys at different times. One from San Deigo area and one from Denver. They were both psychopaths, both into building bikes, dealing, guns and striking fear into the hearts of straight people. They both refered to themselves as 1%ers, proud to be outlaws and of no social value. Neither were in gangs.

Where is Kiznook? He knows about movies and stuff. I need a fact check here.

OK, now I'm tripping on this. Googol search reveals a partial clip from wikipedia:

Members of these motorcycle clubs are often viewed in a negative light by traditional society. This perception has been fueled by the movies, popular culture, and highly publicized incidents. One of the earliest and most notorious of these occurred in Hollister, California in 1947[9] [10] and is now dubbed the Hollister riot. Whether or not an actual riot occurred is debatable, but there was a motorcycle rally in Hollister from July 4 to July 6 of that year that was attended by about 4000 people. Several newspaper articles were written that, according to some attendees, sensationalized the event and Life magazine ran an article and a staged photograph of an intoxicated subject on a motorcycle parked in a bar. The film The Wild One, starring Marlon Brando, was inspired by the event, and it became the first in a series of movies that depicted bikers and members of motorcycle clubs in this stereotypical manner. The press asked the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) to comment on the Hollister incident and their response[citation needed] was that 99% of motorcyclists were law-abiding citizens, and the last one percent were outlaws. Thus was born the term, "one percenter".

During the 1940s and 1950s, at rallies and gatherings sponsored by the AMA, prizes were awarded for nicest club uniform, prettiest motorcycle, and so forth. Some clubs, however, rejected the clean-cut image and adopted the "one-percenter" moniker, even going so far as to create a diamond shaped 1% patch to wear on their vests as a badge of honor. One-percenter clubs point out that the term "one-percenter" simply means that they are committed to "biking and brotherhood", where riding is not just a weekend activity, but a way of living. These clubs assert that local and national law enforcement agencies have co-opted the term to paint them as criminals. Sonny Barger and others went even further than wearing the rhombus-shaped patch on their colors and had the symbol tattooed on their upper bodies. In his autobiography, Mr. Barger recalls how, early on (1950's), there was an informal agreement amongst the one-percenters, regardless of gang affiliation, with certain guidelines such as "no stealing" (from each other), no "rat-packing" (on fellow one-percenters) and so forth. However, Sonny and his fellow members soon quit the "one-percenters club" because, as he describes it in his book, they felt that the other self-described one-percenters were not of equal status to the Hells Angels, and since a Hells Angel's primary allegiance needed to be to his fellow Angels, there was no need or desire for any such further affiliation with this self-described group.[11]

[edit]

im sorry but when i see that amount of words on this forum, i usually click the back button:D

If your interested in the Hell's Angels you should read Hell's Angels by Hunter S. Thompson. Best book I read this year.

Great book, and his first actually...He got the shit beat out of him by a Hells Angel during his research for the book. He's hardcore :D

1% was percentage of motorcycle enthusiasts that the AMA stated was outside of their membership. It morphed into a badge of honor for 'outlaw' bikers, as they didn't want to belong to no respectable gang... :blink:

2eDeYe;88599'']I think they made it up to get you to buy their service :P

if they peruse the members sections and someone posted that info, it would be collected and sorted, tabluted and regurgatated to all buyers.

which makes all the less accurate if you dont inlcude (most of) it :mellow:

[more 1% OT]the HA ventura club house is ~2mi from me.

should get a shot of the 510 out front :eek:

loan me a vest and gun and ill think about it :lol: :blink:[/ for now]

"There's lies, damn lies, and then there's statistics" ... attributed to Samuel Clemons.

I remember years ago reading that the unemployment in Switzerland went up by 100% one year. What they didn't say was that the unemployment was very low in Switzerland to begin with and went from 200 to 400 unemployed people.