Door glass options?

Valvebounce

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never liked the 'wing windows'. They whistle from the wind, leak sometimes, entry point for a break in.

mine make no noise,  don't leak and you'd have to be pretty darn good to get them open while locked,  can't even reach door lock if it is open

Makes no difference safety wise, You can open both the quarter vents or the interior door lock knob with a stiff bent coat hanger. You'd need junkie arms to reach the lock if you had the quarter vent open...But I suppose they are the people that would be stealing it anyway.

Quarter windows are good in light rain especially if its humid, and they just give you a bit more regulation on the cab airflow ......if the rubbers are good. I'm a bit biased though :P

• Like 1

Makes no difference safety wise, You can open both the quarter vents or the interior door lock knob with a stiff bent coat hanger. You'd need junkie arms to reach the lock if you had the quarter vent open...But I suppose they are the people that would be stealing it anyway.

Quarter windows are good in light rain especially if its humid, and they just give you a bit more regulation on the cab airflow ......if the rubbers are good. I'm a bit biased though :P

rear slider gives you good flow too

• Like 1

The vent windows get smashed without smashing the whole glass was my point. My 521 whistled until it rained a few times then it was sealed with dust or? then I didn't open it again. My Dodge windows were terrible. Just not a fan.

• Like 1

Yeah smashing them is always an option :P I had a 66 HR holden and thieves smashed my rear quarter window to get in :/ They only took my phone and beanie. Cops caught them I fixed the window so pretty much a happy ending.  I'll give you one thing against the front quarter windows the rubbers are not cheap to replace.

• 2 weeks later...