She calls her Rosie

ELSOBDatsun

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 things need to be done to be complete. 1st, get rid of them front bumperettes that belong on a 75 Mercury comet, they look out of place. 2nd lower it a few inches. 3rd, toss that club that's laying on the passengers floor away, their junk, 4th install a kill switch so your sweet looking Datsun doesn't get stolen.  

well, that's about it. Now how about some more pic's. We are pic's whores. 

TY :)

• Like 2

2 things I would do is get a electronic ignition like a Matchbox or find a single point distributor and find a Pertrnix to put in. There was 1 for sale recently on here for 50$ with the dist.

then next get a volt meter or a cig light volt meter so you wont have to chrage the battery like in the 1 of the last photos with the battery charger.

Most proplems with 521s if the fuse box area corrossion.

also up date to a solid state volt reg when you get a chance and buy 2 of them. matter of fact 2 of everything if you plan on keeping this a long time as you will need them.  Slave , brake ,clutch masters ect

oh i have those side mirrows also

• Like 2

Nice truck!

Push pads, on the front bumper, I would leave them.  I think they area rare factory option, but not sure.  But do not push anything with them, unless your truck had better front bumper brackets than most 521 trucks.

A matchbox distributor would be a good addition.  Do not mess around with getting a single point distributor, and converting it to a pertronix unit, get a matchbox.  Nissan electronics are a much higher quality than most aftermarket stuff.

The fusebox, is a weak piont of 521 electrical systems.  Cleaning it helps, but do not add any electrical accessories to it.

If you have a stock Nissan voltage regulator, keep it.  See above note about nisan electronics.

• Like 1