Pacific NW Nissan 240SX, L28 triple weber - Mhub's build and stuff!

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, It's painted. Black....

Well, kind of. Got my base coat down today but the damned wind picked up while the garage door was open so there is a small amount of dust and ick on the wet paint.

Damn it.

Oh well. It's looking good so far -- for being a non-professional doing the body work.

My intake and other side draft will be here in the mail soon too.

I have located 2 R32 / A31 crossmembers...... I'm just too damn cheap to spend $200 on a cross member. It seems that is the going price + shipping......... 

Anyone know of one better?

Pic just because I like this car.......

10272664_10152124869527624_1972875467719

• Like 1

Spray paint at it's finest....

No, it's not done.I have a few runs and more buffing to do, but seeing the shine give me hope that the whole car can be shiny ..... one day

2EvYAYi.jpg

TbJuUB9.jpg

ohrK2AQ.jpg

E9hZIAm.jpg

• Like 2

If you lay it well and color sand the shit out of it a rattle can paint job can look pretty good.

Yeah, definitely. It's coming out nicely. I'm happy with it.

......Besides, it's just another 240SX lol.

• Like 1

You can buy a cheap harbor freight gun and a gallon of rustoleum for half the price your paying for the rattle cans. If you use acetone,, or maybe even lacquer thinner as the solvent and put on in thinner coats it will probably make it dry faster,,,,,,,,, that is if you don't blow up your garage first

your results may vary...

• Like 4

Thanks, I might look into the harbor freight option. Only problem is that I don't have an air compressor......

I might consider other methods of laying paint as well. I'm having a hard time with "dry spray" since the spray pattern from the can is small it makes it difficult for the paint to not get a cracking texture when drying. 

A LOT of wet sanding has been done, but it seems to be a recurring problem. I'll keep playing with it for the time being, but it's a small issue.

Found an A31 Cefiro engine crossmember. My buddy actually has one. He got a Cefiro - came stock with an RB20, but that was swapped for an SR20DET - So I will be getting his A31 crossmember.

I now have all the "hard-to-get" and expensive parts to keep this project going. 

I can't see it yet, but I think there's a light at the end of this tunnel.

• Like 4

Dude! That's rad! How did you pull that off?

I went to local Joann's Fabric store and bought a yard of lace fabric that I liked. Specifically was looking for some flowers. Found exactly what I wanted. I hit the roof with some 80 grit paper on my electric orbital sander. Took it down to bare metal, cleaned it thoroughly with paint thinner and the laid the lace cloth down and hit it with spray paint.

quickly removed cloth so it didnt stick and then clear coated and buffed. The clear coat and buff are not pictured. It looks fucking rad in person.

I hear canby 2016 won't exist... I don't know if that was some BS or whatever... But if there is Canby 2016, this car will be there.

• Like 2