Pacific NW Nissan 240SX, L28 triple weber - Mhub's build and stuff!

Except their meetings are on a weekday at about 7:00pm   soooooooooooooooooo good luck with making any meetings fellas..

Aint nobody canceling Canby ,,, the same people that did almost all the work for the last 10 years are going to probably be the same ones doing all the work again next year.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Finally wet sanded everything south of the firewall and cut & buffed it. I'm satisfied with the paint quality.

Is it perfect? No way.

Does it look good? Yes!

After about 25 hrs of paint, sanding, buffing and making many mistakes and re-doing it...... My $200 (including tools, sand paper, supplies) Rustoleum Enamel rattle can paint job is complete! (....almost, still have to line up the front end and hit it!)

Short walk around showing the shine in action! Plenty of room to improve, but I went from this..........

IMG_1518_zpsooaaozry.jpg

to this.................................  :thumbup: 

• Like 1

the cars future is unknown at this point.....

lousy previous owner still hasn't got me the title...... sort of losing hope right now and don't see the point of continuing all the work for a "track only car that doesn't have a title and I can never sell"

perhaps this isn't the right S13 to be working with at the time, but only time will tell...,,,,,

http://www.dol.wa.gov/forms/420040.html

Could you get him to sign an affidavit of release to you? Is he someone you know enough to take him to a notary just to get it done?

On the more hush hush side of things, do you have a notary friend who would help you out? Just thinking out loud.

Is a title a specific majic piece of paper that has to be that piece of paper? Can't you just make a title? Dude sold you the car why does that not mean anything?

Washington is really picky. Bill of sale and affidavit in lieu of title will work but it's more costly to get the affidavit. With title it's in and out

Canada may be different form USA - and I'm sure it is... But here, if you don't have a title, you can't get it registered.. therefore you cant get the sticker tabs for the license plate and in turn it is not legal to drive.... It's bullshit.

I can make it happen, sure... But is it worth doing for this 240sx? Maybe. 

I'll just see what happens. I really want this project to work out......

.....It needs to work out.

because right now I'm roughly only $1,600 into it. I'll admit it, I'm cheap and wait for deals. And it's working out!

triple 45 webers $450

intake mani $300

engine $120

shell $200

silvia front $300

+ misc paint, bondo, supplies and tools. ~$300

......but I still have to pay someone to put in the front, side, and rear glass. Register and license it, buy tires and then whatever parts im missing and stuff I'll need.

So, like i'm saying... I might cut my losses and look for a:

1.) more complete S13

2.) something with paper work.

Coupe is gone. Sold the shell due to problems with title.

...buying shell for $200

...selling shell for $1,200

...making money - priceless.

Kept my L28, triple 45s, and intake for future plans (looking for another S13 to continue this build).

It was fun learning body work, but that ship sailed.

to be continued............

• Like 2

While I understand completely.... LAME!!!!!

Until next coupe...

Yeah, It sucks... But.... Still made $1,000 for a rattle can paint job and 1/2 gallon of bondo.

Just got to get a better starting point, i think. 

No worries though, I'm patient.

I hope you had it towed out of the ditch you crashed into again this time.

You should cruise down to Astoria with us on the 29th of NOV ,,,,,,,,,,,, don't give me "i got work the next day" or some other horseshit excuse .......... I was once your age and i spent every second trying to shorten my life. 

and it probably shows

• Like 2

I hope you had it towed out of the ditch you crashed into again this time.

You should cruise down to Astoria with us on the 29th of NOV ,,,,,,,,,,,, don't give me "i got work the next day" or some other horseshit excuse .......... I was once your age and i spent every second trying to shorten my life. 

What's going on down in Astoria? I'm willing to go! Keep in contact with me about it. Ask Donovan to keep in touch on Facebook or something.... I'm pretty forgetful. 

• Like 1

Ted, Nelson, and me were itching for a heavy drive to the coast somewhere so i decided to just go meet up with Izzo cuz i figured it was close enough to the Portland guys that they might actually come,,,,,,,,,,,, i'm not holding my breath though.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/67790-drive-down-to-asstoreria-oregon-area-nov-29th/

Donovan works from 6pm till 4am Sat-Tues and that's if they don't want any over time ,,  so he is all messed up right now  and i am positive he won't be making any fun drives till he works hard and/or long enough to get on days.