New Nissan Sentra Commercial. F*ck Nissan.

A perfectly good condition B12 Sentra gets crushed in a compactor as it's owner and his friends hold a mock wake.  And then they drive off in a new Sentra, which looks like dog shit and is full of bullshit non-utilitarian crap.  Fuck Nissan for that commercial.  I don't even like front wheel drive, you all know that, but a perfect body Sentra being crushed because you're supposed to buy new?  What the fuck?  Seriously?  Just pisses me off.

• Like 5
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I wanted to bitch about this commercial as well. I don't like any part of it as well. Goes to speak about the disposable mentality of Americans.

On a side note, the state of Georgia has made owning a cheap car a lot harder. There is now a ridiculous way of taxing the car. For example. I just got a steal from a friend on a 98 Buick century (needed to haul my son around as divorce decree does not permit son in truck). Was almost 200 dollars in taxes. I do not plan on having this car for more than six months. They have made it very tough on poorer people to get cheap wheels. In the past it would have been around 40 bucks for tag and title transfer.

Our Datsuns are Nissan made yet we (pretty much all) hate our parent company. Twenty years ago they were helpful, more or less. Last five times there.... two times the part was NLA, once a slave rebuild kit was sent instead of the master and then it was NLA, the last one was for an '84 Maxima front wheel seal...... "what's your VIN number???"..... 'doesn't matter, all '81 and up were the same'.... "manual or auto?"... 'doesn't matter, all '81 and up were the same'.... "DX or SL?".... 'all the same part!'.... "one in Calgary, 7-8 weeks to ship the other".... (crickets)

It's like there is no record or interest in anything older than 15 years.

We've got like one dealer in the Bay that is worth anything from a parts department viewpoint, and I wasn't even able to get a manifold gasket for an L20 from them, and my distributor cap is coming from freaking Jersey... wtf? 

That commercial is BS. Sitting there touting how good that old Sentra was, then crushing it (did you see the interior? Looked like there was less than 50k on that interior!). I really hope there was some movie magic going on and the other side of that car was just blown to shit from a sideswipe or something... even then, there's tons of usable stuff on it. 

The newest car in my whole family's fleet (of 6 cars, 3 of which are 510s) is from 2003. The family van has 220,000 miles on it and we are hauling to Minnesota and back in two weeks (total of 4k miles round trip). Going to run these cars into the ground before giving them to a salvage yard so someone can at least get the parts they need from them... 

• Like 3

Another perspective, the cars at the training faculties across the country need x amount of training cars. They eventually pile up, they still had a b14 up @ Seattle Training Center.. up till 3-4 years ago, useless taking up space that should have a 2012+ model. Cars that don't really have clean paper, assembly line to training center, I bet they have a few of b left at the multitude of training centers.. ours is like a closet compared to some of them. They used to cut them in half and donate the front clips to community colleges and what not.. thats a much worse end.. Worked on a se-r b13 half car a t UTI.. sad

• Like 2

Their "study" on design is an insult to all car enthusiasts, who are they kidding????, all sedans now a day look almost identical!!!! Study.... :lol:

Here, "study" this, Nissan! :fu:

/end rant

Aerodynamics which is mileage driven and crumple zones which are safety driven, is mostly the cause of this. All new cars follow this>.... form follows function. This is why a bullet is bullet shaped and not a square.

Yeah, but why can Ferrari keep making beautiful examples of bullets that all don't look the same, when Nissan keeps making the same crap as the rest of the Japanese.  Except Subaru.  They still look odd, but they always looked odd.  Great cars though.

• Like 1

Yeah, but why can Ferrari keep making beautiful examples of bullets that all don't look the same, when Nissan keeps making the same crap as the rest of the Japanese.  Except Subaru.  They still look odd, but they always looked odd.  Great cars though.

Luxury tax lets you get away with a lot.

I've said it before... you guy aren't their target demographic... driving 30 yr old cars... how about stepping into into a 36 mo lease on a '15. Bottom line my friends... its going to get much worse before it gets better. 'Merica...where the people with good credit.. want ugly cars than can parallel park themselves

• Like 3

Wait, wait, we've been looking at this all wrong.  Can we just find those "new" drivers who want the ugly cars that parallel park themselves and crush them instead?

• Like 2

They are not at all built to be aerodynamic but fast, and fast looking. Gas mileage is not a consideration. If they just happen to be aerodynamic it's by far not the cheapest way to do it, so cost could also be considered as the reason for the bullet.

I've said it before... you guy aren't their target demographic... driving 30 yr old cars... how about stepping into into a 36 mo lease on a '15. Bottom line my friends... its going to get much worse before it gets better. 'Merica...where the people with good credit.. want ugly cars than can parallel park themselves

Yup, car enthusiasts not need apply!