Electric fuel pump for 521?

djwarp

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some how I don't think your MOS in the Marines was motor pool...

I was thinking same thing. !!!!!!!!

Be honest I was holding back really really hard. ON this one. Not to say anything insulting. As I was not great also early in my Airforce servive time on cars. Pull all spark plug wires on my Capri and then just hooked it up, DOH!!!!!!!!!

If anything take that  stat hose and it hookes up to the lower manifold spout at the base (if anything but that still not right). But I would think this would have shot water out immediatley if the head has the water by pass holes.  Unless HE has later type head with no water bypass then the metal tube comming from the water inlet side has been plugged or deleted. and the lowerr manifold dont need that hose.

Take photo of whole motor

I would think you have to clean the carb out. But Im not sure.  If you cant hook this up right how you going to rip a carb apart.

I want a PHOTO of the WHOLE MOTOR and fuel pump also. I wonder where the fuel pump goes to ??????????

• Like 2

I replaced the housing with the appropriate one installed new hoses and flushed the coolent from the carb and out a new fuel filter now it turns on but shuts off if I press and hold the gas it stays on

Check the timing and the Carb adjustments, you may have to pull the plugs out and spin it over to get rid of the water in the cylinders.

Be patient and use the advice of all the guys on this site, probably 300 years of combined experience, I can account for 50 of them.

• Like 1

fuel line is coming from the passenger side and it's a mechanical fuel pump

Crap, fuel tank is on left but fuel line is on right for the L16, left for the J13. My bad. Hainz is right though... where is your fuel line coming from in your picture???

o0x72d.jpg

• Like 1