Electric fuel pump for 521?

djwarp

So i have a question for all of you i have a 3in drop on my truck I’ve notice theres no shocks in the front of the truck making my truck bounce every where after a bump what do y’all think i should buy what kinda of strut idk if the original will fit since i have a 3in drop.

• Like 1
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You physically have NO shock absorbers? OR the front is just bouncy and the shocks that are on it are not doing much.

You don't have struts on a 521. A strut is usually both a coil spring and a shock absorber in one, and is also a stressed part of the steering. The 521 has a torsion bar which is just a different kind of spring and a separate and reasonably easy to replace shock absorber.

• Like 1

Pinto shocks fit but are only marginally shorter. If I had shocks I wouldn't bother but if you have none at all, get them rather than those for a 620. The problem with a lowered vehicle is there is less room for the suspension to travel and 'absorb' bumps. It bottoms out and then you are bouncing on the air in the tires like a basketball. On severely lowered vehicles the tire IS your suspension.

Mr. warp, on the lower control arms farther just inward toward the center of the vehicle from where the bottom end of the shock mounts, is a metal pad. Just above it is a large rubber stopper or bump stop on the frame. It's there just to cushion the parts if there was a severe compression of the suspension. To get a little more travel, this rubber can be trimmed but only slightly.

• Like 1

let get back the the orginal ?

is this truck running ???????

just buy some cheap 521 shocks and remove the rubber block its a 12mm bolt

yea the truck is running i just added  some sea foam to clean the engine and i notice the radiator has a crack so i sealed it waiting to get paid to buy a new one drove it the other day seems good.

• Like 1

i fixed the sound it was the fuel line it was cracked I also the new shocks on so the one it had on was garbage it wasn’t doing nothing and on the driver side there was one missing ... also noticed that my oil pan was leaking so i just drained the oil today removing the pan this weekend and replacing the gasket. just an update for those who care lol

• Like 1

i fixed the sound it was the fuel line it was cracked I also the new shocks on so the one it had on was garbage it wasn’t doing nothing and on the driver side there was one missing ... also noticed that my oil pan was leaking so i just drained the oil today removing the pan this weekend and replacing the gasket. just an update for those who care lol

I care! But i dont think ive seen a pic of the whole truck

• Like 2