My Intro with my 70 GOON Barn Find!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^ I think he want's to know how he made out. My guess is that if he gave less than $3-$4K he did good. A Texas wagon in a barn for 20+ years is a score.

Oy, what a find! You scored big my friend and what a beauty of a car! I'm going to amuse that your Texas bound has well, if so hit me up, I -THINK- I have a spare Rad for a 510 and I know I have a grill laying about along with other 510 stuffs. If the water pump is bust,check out Rock Auto first, they still have many datsun parts in stock for some dam good prices. If the pulley driven fan is busted, you may have a hard time with that one and might wanna look into installing a small ele fan like on my 210.

So with that, great intro, welcome to the Ratsun family and uh, MORE OICS! XD

I'm DFW area. Um any good radiator mount aftermarket electric fan that will fit it really. You should be able to get one from the local auto stores but you really want make sure you got a rad to measure it with, this way you don't get one too big or too small. All that aside, bust water pump and rad shouldn't stop you from at least being able to turn the engine over and see if she'll start because I'm more than sure you'll need to flush your fuel tank and lines before you do. Just make sure you check your oil and un hook your fuel line from the carb so you don't get (more) old gas and trash into it.

Hey my friend has a 72 med. green or apple green wagon with same stripes ,been garaged for years ,runs needs , a radiator ,I called him says he will sell ,not give away , write if interested in Glendale area.

I sorta ran this idea past my wife this morning. Her response was "NO <expletive deleted> WAY!!!!"  :crying:

On the plus side, she followed that with "Once the roadster is done, get the 411 on the road."  :thumbup:

fuck you scored good.

I would just keep it close to stock maybe lower it. Fuck I would run the old style stock rims with the hubcaps.

But if you keep the stock brakes you can run 15x7 up to +25mm and it will tuck in the fenders. however strut bumsteers will not work as it will hit the rim.

I run Rota RB rims the silver panasport clones. I like them but don't know it they still make them..

I personally like the Jap SSR, CW classics type wheels and some others but I have a beater. wheels can make or break and car. A beater with the right gagnsta wheels slamed down is still just as pimping.

But seen stock hubcap cars look just as good.

I would keep this the stock color and garage this or keep it under cover

don't be stripping this down to the shell as others and never to be seen again. This car is awesome as it is.

Thank you all for the kind words. Yes I picked it up for $1300. I had no idea that this was worth as much as it is. It will stay as close to stock as possible other than drop it and tint it. Gonna start buying all the parts to get it running. Im a bit confused on the whole fan/fan clutch assembly? The plastic fan is broken im not sure where or what to buy? Any help or links is appreciated.

Eric

Thank you all for the kind words. Yes I picked it up for $1300. I had no idea that this was worth as much as it is. It will stay as close to stock as possible other than drop it and tint it. Gonna start buying all the parts to get it running. Im a bit confused on the whole fan/fan clutch assembly? The plastic fan is broken im not sure where or what to buy? Any help or links is appreciated.

Eric

Might help if you post a pic of the water pump area and/or what's broke.

You scored an amazing deal here! I myself just scored a wagon, but your deal was epic. Nicely done. In New England, could be worth like 7-10K when all prettied up.