Wanna buy My 510 Wagon... Guy cant find keys!!

So came to a price on a 1970 510 Goon. Guy has had the car stored in a barn under a canvas tarp up on jack stands for 20 years. Now hes found the title but cant find the keys! I called a locksmith and they said they can probably make a set of keys or replace the ignition. This would be my first Datsun, Is the Ignition key different from the door keys?

Thanks

Eric

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless they've been changed, it will be the same. If you take the door lock out of the passenger side door, it would be the same(unless either one has been replaced). You can easily remove it and take it to the locksmith and he should be able to make you one by the code on the side of the lock itself. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

The passenger side will have the code. It's easy to get out, but be careful when taking the door panel off. Also, you can look on the glovebox door, and on the inside there will be a sticker with a 4 digit number on it(unless it's been removed). It has the code on it as well.

• Like 2

It's funny to say keep calm, but it's true. An overzealous buyer can kill a deal, quick. Get's the seller second guessing. I've done it twice and learned from it. One was a '65 Mini Cooper S for $12K and the other was a 1965 Porsche 912 for $2500. I ruined both deals by being too eager.

...Anyone have any info as far as what the color is called, or whats up with the black stripe?

CAM00636_zpsvyhbpvot.jpg

The colors are Black'nBrown.

It's called BiRacial, brugh! Paint code: 000. Just look at it!!! Woooooe!!!

But the black stripe could well be, not an extra 10hp, but an extra 50hp!

Or, a -25hp demotion under the hood!

Either way, IT STILL LOOKS GOOD!!!

Congrats! ;-D

• Like 2

Color changes with the light temperature. Incandescent is different from florescent which is different from true 5,500K sunlight.   In sunlight it's probably that warm butterscotch color the 510s had. I think my B-210 was the same. All I know about the black line is that it's following what's known as the 'supersonic line' on the 510's body.

• Like 2

Color changes with the light temperature. Incandescent is different from florescent which is different from true 5,500K sunlight.   In sunlight it's probably that warm butterscotch color the 510s had. I think my B-210 was the same. All I know about the black line is that it's following what's known as the 'supersonic line' on the 510's body.

...EXAAAACTLY!!!

:-)

• Like 1