Nismo Fiesta 2015, Austin TX -Over-pics start on page 5

Rhapakatui

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was a fun event. Definitely need to bring my 1200 next year. Will be posting some pics, probably tomorrow. I'm completely worn out right now... 

I don't know about bringing a Datsun, but I'd like to try to make this next year.  I haven't been to Texas in quite a while, and that's a good reason to make the trip.  

Fun event. Met all the Ratsun guys for the first time. Ive been reading here for awhile but no posts. John thanks for the history on my (your old) car. I promise it will be cleaned up next year and licensed so I can drive it down. 

Brad

I don't know about bringing a Datsun, but I'd like to try to make this next year.  I haven't been to Texas in quite a while, and that's a good reason to make the trip.  

Fly into DFW and drive down with me?   :thumbup:

John thanks for the history on my (your old) car. I promise it will be cleaned up next year and licensed so I can drive it down. 

Glad to see it in such good hands.   B)

Fun event. Met all the Ratsun guys for the first time. Ive been reading here for awhile but no posts. John thanks for the history on my (your old) car. I promise it will be cleaned up next year and licensed so I can drive it down.

Brad

It was nice to meet you. I wish I would've got to talk to you more. Maybe the next event. Keep an eye out in the events section to see when that might be.

You know you won a plaque right? Second place 510.

For those of you not there... there were two.

The show on Sunday is a lot of fun, but Saturday is awesome for everyone. Maybe next year I'll go to the track day, but the hill country cruise is as much as the goon can handle.

This year's course was 220 miles of beautiful roads. Lots of swift dips and turns to test the cars out in.

The track looked amazing too. I got very few pics, but I'll stick up a few.

Some crappy cell phone pics I snapped along the way.

Friday night:

NCM_0441_zpslyjjkdsh.jpg

Apparently Ratsun had a section of a VIP table, but I didn't spot it and sat in the back corner.  It worked out, I made some new friends at the random table we picked. 

NCM_0442_zpsuppca6xj.jpg

Didn't expect to see a Cedric in the parking lot.  Datsunfreak got some much better shots of it on Sunday.

Saturday:

NCM_0443_zpsyarur7zj.jpg

Signing up

NCM_0445_zps85yaxsnd.jpg

NCM_0444_zpsydmvjufp.jpg

Lining up.

I tried to take some pics while driving, but the Goon is a two handed and two footed operation.

NCM_0447_zps0yizpsh1.jpg 

• Like 1

Sunday:

The Datsun line up.

NCM_0454_zpshld7f2mk.jpg

NCM_0450_zpse4yy6dak.jpg

NCM_0451_zpsxjakm1fg.jpg

NCM_0452_zpsdrjhsukx.jpg

NCM_0453_zpsb8tat2qz.jpg

Starting to clear out during the awards ceremony.

NCM_0463_zpsxrnbj4oq.jpg

The only picture I took of an individual Datsun at the show.

NCM_0449_zpsz8d4zgb0.jpg

Sorry I'm not much of a photographer.  I think I documented the comings and goings of Lonestar and his car better than the event itself.  I had fun though.  I'll look up some of the better photography from the event and bring them back here.

• Like 1

Some links to picture threads from around the Forum Universe.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/emr_cars/sets/72157652983386210

http://www.texasnissans.com/tx/forums/showthread.php?t=19430

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300zx/forums/general/view/2595362/Nismo-Fiesta-2015-pictures.html

There are some good facebook ones too, but I'm not having much luck posting those.  I really suck at Facebook. 

Tons more pics to come I'm sure..  I know datsunfreak has a camera full.

I thought about suggesting that it get judged with the "Nissan other" category, but they were called Datsuns in some parts of the world.  Just not in Japan from which that one recently arrived.  If it makes you feel better, it was really close. 

For those not there,  I got picked to judge the Non-Z Datsun cars. 

Looks like at least 1 New Mexico car was there, that yellow Z in one if the oics looks familiar, along with the bearded dude next to it.  Would love to try for this next year, just wasn't in the cards for me this year.