Nismo Fiesta 2015, Austin TX -Over-pics start on page 5

Rhapakatui

EDIT: Venue and Date changed to make it even BIGGER!

OK, I'm gonna go ahead and start a Nismo Fiesta Thread NOW, so that maybe by the time it rolls around, people will have noticed.

This was a really big event last year. All Nissan, Datsun and Infiniti are welcome. I had a blast.

Day of the show.

aaa-all_zpsfc692710.jpg

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/60776-nismo-fiesta-2014-is-coming-around-again/

They're doing it again this year. No real details on how big, but they want a bigger turn out than last year.

If the setup is the same as it was last year, it should play out something like this.

Friday: Meet and greet dinner at host hotel.(AKA unofficial parking lot party once I showed up last year)

Saturday: Simultaneous Track day and 100ish mile fun run through the Hill Country. Party that night with small thank you ceremony to special participants and volunteers

Sunday: Car show with autocross, dyno, and free shit.

Here's the deal. I drink. As I drink, I talk shit. When you're car is mostly Ratsun sticker, that shit talking becomes how badass Ratsuners are.

The organizers really want a bigger turnout of Datsuns this year. I'm like "Dude, Ratsun has like.. a lot of members." I believe the term "OVER 9000!" came up once or twice.

Here's where you guys come in. I'm going to set up a Ratsun area at the show. I'm planning to get banners and all that good stuff. In order for me to not look like a dick, we need to bring Ratsun in FORCE!

There were a couple of members there last year. There are a couple of local guys who I think I can convince to follow me this year. I would love to see everyone in driving distance who has that weekend off of work show up and turn it into a giant Datsun show with some Infinitis and Nissans on the side.

I promise your ride can't look rattier than mine, and if it does... Hell I'll make an award for that! Ok I just brain farted out a great Idea. I'll be building a Ratsun Trophy. Of course it'll be by popular vote and I'm not eligible.

OK before I get myself into any more trouble... make plans everyone. We're gonna have a blast. You should be there!

Edit: This year's information begins at post #14.

• Like 2
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who think "San Marcos Texas?  Where the hell is that?  I can't drive my Datsun that far.  I shouldn't be having these long conversations with myself.  This is getting weird.  I should go take my medicine.  Sharks!",  first, go take your meds.  Those aren't sharks. They're your cats, silly hypothetical, yet very specific, Ratsuner.

Next, read about these guys from a little company in Tennessee who led a convoy down to San Marcos last year to show off their wares and meet with costumers.

http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/releases/video-report-road-trippin-nissan-team-celebrates-with-nismo-fans-in-texas

If they can make the drive, so can you.  If they do that again this year, maybe you can even fall in line with their convoy. Safety in numbers and whatnot.

There you go Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana, and pretty much the rest of the south. No excuses.  Don't think I forgot about the Southwest.  I'm lookin at you New Mexico.  These new car guys love to drive enough that they made it.  How much better is it to do it in a Datsun?

• Like 1

This can be done(canby). San Marcos would take a day and a half of travel if I remember right from looking last year. I'm too lazy to look right now, but that looks like April 24,25, & 26. Could stay in Childress Thursday night. Time to start planning.

Wait, isn't April part of tornado season there?

EDIT/ADD:

Just looked and it is around 700 to 800 miles depending on the route being taken.  Would like to stay off of major interstate fwys and us smaller state roads where possible......there is time left to investigate that.   Mentioned it to the wife and she is interested.  This event is the same weekend as the Solvang Roadster show so at least 2 of the NM guys will not participate.

• Like 2

The link in the second post sez....for details visit us on Facebook.

So, since you also offered in the same post.........

1. How does one register?

2. How much is registration?

3. What is the "Hosting Hotel"?

4. Does this mean I finally have to join facebook?  Maybe I can make the wife do that.

When they get it all set up, there will be a link posted to buy tickets online. The track day sold out fast last year.

EDIT: Ignore the following load of BS.  Remember above where I said that I drink?  (EDIT OF THE EDIT: EDIT ^2?  ANYWAY,  NONE OF THIS MATTERS BECAUSE THIS YEAR IS IN A DIFFERENT PLACE AND ON A DIFFERENT WEEKEND)

I think it was in the $100-$150 range.

The fun run was like $7.

The car show was $25 with a t shirt included in the price. (Nice, well designed, comfy shirt. Not just a Hanes undershirt with a logo like some I've seen.)

Autox and dyno were cash on site. $5 for two runs on auto x. Something like $30 for the dyno. I didn't participate in either so that's just my recollection.

As I'm not involved with the organization of the show, all I can do is tell you how it worked last year.
It's all arranged by zsport z car club Out of saSan Antonio.

Edit: This next part's still true though.

Miles and the guys did a very professional, well organized job with everything last year. 100% volunteer arranged with proceeds paying the venues and vendors.

The host hotel last year was the Embassy suites in San Marcus. They gave a nice group rate and roped off an entire parking lot for participants last year.

I didn't find out about the show til the Embassy was booked up, so we slummed it at the econolodge down the road.

San Marcos has a ton of affordable lodging and camping/cabins. It's a college/tourist town so there's a good time to be had even when there isn't a major event in town.

Wait, isn't April part of tornado season there?

http://www.homefacts.com/tornadoes/Texas/Hays-County/San-Marcos.html

Very low tornado risk there. The terrain is very hilly.

As for Facebook, I hate it too. Those Z guys are on there a lot. I'll bite the bullet and watch it for you. There hasn't been much activity on their official Nismo fiesta account so far. As we get closer, it'll pick up. Their official website will most likely start updating about the same time. Right now it's just a count down.

A little lunch time research today allowed me to find the actual price lists from last year.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/nismo-fiesta-2014-tickets-5706520356

When they get it all set up, there will be a link posted to buy tickets online. The track day sold out fast last year.

I think it was in the $100-$150 range. $150

The fun run was like $7. $7.32

The car show was $25 with a t shirt included in the price. (Nice, well designed, comfy shirt. Not just a Hanes undershirt with a logo like some I've seen.)  

All wrong.  Car Show full Registration - $22.09

Car show People's choice only Registration - $11.54

T-Shirt - $22.09 Not included in registration price

Autox and dyno were cash on site. $5 for two runs on auto x. Something like $30 for the dyno. I didn't participate in either so that's just my recollection. 

Auto X - $5 for 2 runs cash on site

Dyno - $65 for 2 runs with printout cash on site

As I'm not involved with the organization of the show, all I can do is tell you how it worked last year.
It's all arranged by zsport z car club Out of San Antonio.

Miles and the guys did a very professional, well organized job with everything last year. 100% volunteer arranged with proceeds paying the venues and vendors.

The host hotel last year was the Embassy suites in San Marcus. They gave a nice group rate and roped off an entire parking lot for participants last year.

I didn't find out about the show til the Embassy was booked up, so we slummed it at the econolodge down the road.

San Marcos has a ton of affordable lodging and camping/cabins. It's a college/tourist town so there's a good time to be had even when there isn't a major event in town.

• Like 1

Thanks Mike!  That really means a lot coming from one of the many Ratsuners that I look up to.

I've been trying to work out the logistics of driving a Datsun up to Canby for the last few years.  There are just too many people counting on me to be at work.  I still may go, but it'll be via air travel unless things change with work.

I figure there are more like me in the southern US wishing for an event of their own.  I think this one has the potential to be it.

• Like 1

Ok guys,  I may have started this thread too early.  I apologize. 

As of earlier today, the dates and venues for Nismo Fiesta 2015 have been announced.  EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED! 

Apparently, they're planning on things being even bigger than I'd planned.  Because of that, the venue changed to a bigger race track and a more central location.  The dates were also changed, so you guys who were worried about it being the same week as Solvang can worry no more.  You can do both. 

Ratsun wise, I'll still be setting up an area and doing the same setup.  The event will just be bigger.  This is year 5 for Nismo Fiesta, and it has doubled each year since inception. Planning for the bigger turnout, the venue was moved to AUSTIN.

Because I'm having to use multiple devices to post this, I'll be copying the Nismo Fiesta Facebook updates in the next post. 

Sorry for the outdated info prior.  Updates coming in minutes.

Copied from Nismo Fiesta Facebook:

We promised you big news about Nismo Fiesta this year and here it is!
Nismo Fiesta will be moving to Austin, TX this year. This year's Nismo Fiesta weekend will by May 22rd thru May 24th. NF2015 has been working closely with The Driveway Grand Prix just east of Austin. We are excited about this year's event being our biggest Nismo Fiesta to date. We are expecting our attendance to swell tremendously this year.
The Agenda:
*** Friday - The opening banquet will be held on Friday at our host hotel. This will allow incoming attendees, Nissan dignitaries and Nismo Fiesta staff to meet and greet early in the event. We will discuss the events layout as well as going over both recent Nissan and Nissan Motorsports news.
*** Saturday - Saturday's event will allow for two types of driving experiences, a track day and a hill country cruise.
The Driveway will host our track day on Saturday. The Driveway track event will allow those limited few that paid for the event to take advantage of the day long event. The track event is a full driving retreat program for the whole day. This will be a combination of class room education, learning the application of speed dynamics on the track and professional instruction. From there, the event will go into opening the track for groups of 15-25 to run the length of the day. Nismo Fiesta will only offer up 100 track spots once registration opens in the next upcoming weeks. The full daily track retreat will be a $200 per person, which is a hugely reduced attendance cost.
The Hill Country Charity Cruise will consist of a cruise through a pre-determined route with a stop for lunch and finishing up towards the evening. We are requesting a $10 per car charity donation for the cruise to help raise money for Nismo Fiesta's charity of choice. We are in the works for securing the possibility of a parade lap at The Driveway. We expect our cruise to be well over 150 cars this year, so please register early once we open registration. We will have more details as scheduling becomes available.
The Night Party will be held later that evening back at our host hotel. We are planning a whole host of activities for Saturday's evening event and will release those details once registration opens. Please note that the Night Party ends at 11pm, allowing the more "rambunctious" attendees to take advantage of Austin's famous night life.
**** Sunday - The Driveway will also host our car show event. The car show will be held on the actual track of The Driveway. We are working on supplying the normal Nismo Fiesta Goodies; a dyno, an army of vendors, an autocross and more. The Driveway will also close off half the course the run their professional karts all day for anyone wanting to partake. We expect attendance to swell this year with all the recent news. We are planning for 400 to 500 cars in attendance this year, so please make plans to register early.
The Nismo Fiesta staff will be working hard to bring you another great event. We thank you for your patience in this matter. Look forward to registration opening in the next few weeks. We thank all of our event supporters for helping to spread the word about Nismo Fiesta and ask that you continue to help spread the word about the event through forums and car club discussions. We continue to remind all smaller car clubs and Nissan/Datsun/Infiniti forums that Nismo Fiesta will always have a place for them here.
We will see you very soon!
Miles "Milo" Hall
Nismo Fiesta Founder

P.S. Fuck You Miles for negating all of my prior work. Sounds like a great time though. I will be there with bells on. Hopefully with several rows of Ratsuners beside me! "Smaller clubs/forums" I don't think he means us.

• Like 1

Miles also suggested via Facebook that we may want to have a Ratsun Dinner on Saturday night after all of the driving events.  I told him I'd post it up here and see what you guys think.

So?  Should we have a Ratsun soiree after we're done putting our rides through their paces?

That sucks Kelmo, I was looking forward to seeing you there. As for you west coast guys, thanks for the bumps. I'd love to see a nationwide Ratsun turnout, but I'm trying to keep my hopes reasonable.

No official updates yet, but I ordered some flags today. I've been doing some brain storming trying to design a proper Ratsun trophy. I'm also recruiting as many friends as I can to show up and support Ratsun.

Updates as they come. Hope to see you all there.

I'm working on the design for the Ratsun trophy. As all art flows from the page to the sculpture, it'll change as I build it. These are the initial design sketches.

NCM_0298_zpspilazfep.jpg

Drinking

I've been trying to post on Facebook as much as possible. I feel about as comfortable doing that as running through the mall in my underwear. As i said before, I'm willing to bite the bullet to get the Ratsun crowd to show up.

Edited by Rhapakatui

I was having so much fun drawing that I accidentally flipped the pad the wrong way and drew on the back side of the cover. Oh well, at least I was drawing the back side of the trophy.

NCM_0299_zpsjzqp997j.jpg

Drinker

Edited by Rhapakatui

Im already not looking forward to driving to Canby which is almost 900 miles from me. texas is about 1500, i might as well keep going and get a place on the east coast. its sounds fun as hell, but i dont think ill make it =(

I'm looking at 2300 miles to canby. That's why I'm trying so hard to make an event for us southerners. I may still go, but driving is out of the question til I hit the lotto.

• Like 1