Feels like autumn.

DatMo

The part you at looking for is clutch fork.

Do the barrels black and the centers bare.

But the red might look good though. The way the longchamps are designed a painted center doesn't look quite right in my opinion.

Although that sounds awesom, I don't think it would suit the color match scheme of the car.

It's the part that attaches from the slave to the fork.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the clutch on. Cleaned up my hardlines and installing them hopefully tomorrow. I need to get some metal to make a bettery tray. Idk how to connect The wires to the box thoughthough... Under the car?

So I'm not sure how to install my brake hardlines but I did install my wiper motor and fuel lines. I'm not sure where the dellorto return line is though. I also need to put my engine at tdc to reinstall my dizzy. I need to gap my spark plugs and then I also need to cut the hole of rust in my fender and patch it

Perfect!

So that's where the back seat flips onto correct?

Also, Sell me that driveshaft.

I need to sell some parts to get there though... in a financial pickle right now. unless you wanted to trade somethings

Well I got my fuel lines in. Just need to finish those damn hardlines... so difficult to assort them.

Tomorrow I don't have work so I will be doing that then.

I also installed my wiper motor and painted it.

Painted the centers off my srr with flexidip?

I wanted to see how the red centers will look.

I think it's different so before I get them painted, I do want to see them mounted with the fender.

Here's some pics!

loving the fitment!

engine%20bay%205_zpsgxrvgfxv.jpg

red%20center%20ssr_zpss2uih8cn.jpg

mounted%20test%20ssr_zpsei66smep.jpg

• Like 1

Perfect!

So that's where the back seat flips onto correct?

Also, Sell me that driveshaft.

I need to sell some parts to get there though... in a financial pickle right now. unless you wanted to trade somethings

Yes that is correct. I keep forgetting to call the shop

Well I cut my tranny hole and mounted my center console in.

Also cut the back seat and welded up a box for my battery,

However, I'm not the best welder but this metal was too thin and every time I tried to weld, it melted through.

I'll post some pics soon. Let me know if you guys think this will hold up or not. 

The car is coming along sooo nice. I'm really happy about it :)

I think I lost my wires for my dizzy. Anyone have the two wire attachment to the electronic dizzy they wanna sell?

Also, I have a heater core in my car but is the only way I can check if it works is to turn the car on or can I do it through acc?

Here's the pics. 

And it would melt the metal of the box so I had to make due?

You guys think it'll hold? Seems pretty strong.

hole%20for%20box_zpslsb75vig.jpg

battery%20tray%20box_zpsioyyxpf3.jpg

battery%20box%202_zps28a9owqx.jpg

battery%20box%20welds_zpsnyqsgnck.jpg

and here's the nice cneter console :)

interior%20with%20center%20console_zps9z

It looks like you were welding without gas, which makes it really hard to control the weld. It also causes all the spatter you are seeing. Something else you can do when welding thin metal is put copper behind the weld. It's a great heat sink and you can't weld to it so it won't end up stuck there on accident. You can even buy a piece of copper pipe from the hardware store and beat it with a hammer in to whatever shape works best.

That being said, the car is coming together awesome. I think the Hayashis should win, cuz they are freaking awesome, but who cares, it's your car. Keep up the work and please continue feeding the pic whores.

• Like 1

^^ Looks like you needed shielding gas. Also, if you could have bent the metal along the two long edges you would have only had to weld the end plates on. :) 

It will hold, but there are obvious spots where the metal blew out. Seal it up and it'll work. Not a work of art, but it will hold.

• Like 1

It looks like you were welding without gas, which makes it really hard to control the weld. It also causes all the spatter you are seeing. Something else you can do when welding thin metal is put copper behind the weld. It's a great heat sink and you can't weld to it so it won't end up stuck there on accident. You can even buy a piece of copper pipe from the hardware store and beat it with a hammer in to whatever shape works best.

That being said, the car is coming together awesome. I think the Hayashis should win, cuz they are freaking awesome, but who cares, it's your car. Keep up the work and please continue feeding the pic whores.

I'm planning to keep them because I think they're hard to come by so I might as well hoard them.

^^ Looks like you needed shielding gas. Also, if you could have bent the metal along the two long edges you would have only had to weld the end plates on. :)

It will hold, but there are obvious spots where the metal blew out. Seal it up and it'll work. Not a work of art, but it will hold.

Thanks. The more I think of it, it doesn't matter how it looks because it's completely under the car and not visible. lol

I got my battery today. I just need the t attachment that goes to the distributor and to put my dizzy on when tdc. Not too much left.

Should hopefully be turning her on next week just to see how she sounds. lol

You don't need that T adapter. Just two female spade connectors.

DSC_1411_zps5b15e6ee.jpg

You have no idea how much I love you now.

I was afraid the t was something like a relay.

One wire is to the coil and the other is a ground correct?

Rims are a man's version of a woman's "can't ever have too many shoes". And it's as true for us. It's not hoarding, it's just shoes. :-D

You could not be more correct lol.

My dad's starting to bitch at me soon so I told him he could rock my carrol shelbies on his z when I get my longchamps done lol.

I'll run the long champs first because they suit the direction of the car I want more for now. 

NEXT WEEK, I WILL TURN ON THE CAR.

I'l connect the battery tray and etc this weekend.

My adapters are coming on the 16th and I have my battery now.

I'll buy cables and then install the dizzy correctly.

I'll have to find a way to turn off the car.

I was thinking to just turn it on with a screwdriver on the starter and cutting the fuel off to shut it?

Once it starts, I'll start more wiring.