Feels like autumn.

DatMo

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to say you'll need to have a shortened driveline for your zx tranny. Why are you cutting your tranny tunnel?

So the driveshaft has clearance to go lower as well as for the tranny to rreach.

That tranny to reach? Explain this... You won't really have to worry about the driveline rub unless you go low low. I barely had any issues until I got a different driveline. How low do you plan to go?

I'm planning to drop around 4 inches or so. 

I know i need the clearance so I'm cutting the driveshaft tunnel and rewelding it higher so that it does not rub.

I installed my radiator but now I need hoses. I have some weird aftermarket ones that I guess I'll use.

However, the top hose does not fit.

I lost my new thermostat too :(

I hope your running a Koyo...

No I did not. I had a champion one on my first car and I liked it a lot and it held up pretty well so I bought another one lol. I kept a lot of old parts because they were sentimental lol

No I did not. I had a champion one on my first car and I liked it a lot and it held up pretty well so I bought another one lol. I kept a lot of old parts because they were sentimental lol

Champions spring leaks. Speaking from experience...

Also on the low part. I have a 2 inch block with a 3 degree angle to correct the pinion for a lowered vehicle. I also flipped my bottom overload spring upside and put it on top of my leaf pack. it lowered it quite a bit. I don't have any good pictures of my ride height but I will get some soon. But I barely had any issues with a smaller 2 door rear yoke instead of the fatter wagon yoke in the rear. I now have the fatter wagon yoke and it rubbed constantly with the same drop. I cut a hole and haven't welded it back up. But I don't have any more rub issues lol.

Where did you cut the hole?

I was planning to redo it so I could just avoid the entire issue.

Thanks for the help.

Also, I never had issues with the radiator so until then, I'll support it.

I also go my coil mounted in the custom bracket I made.

It seems to be holding pretty darn tight.

Unfortunately, I am a shitty ass welder and i feel like the weld in this pic is not strong enough.

mount%20itself_zpslwd8g3vn.jpg

Here's some pics of the final product.

coil%20mount_zpstu6xyqcu.jpgnew%20coil%20spot_zps6d9o1yra.jpg

and here's the car looking pretty today.

autumn%20almost%20done_zpsukwi0me5.jpg

Do you have any pictures of how low you are?

That's just about exactly what I want to cut.

I'm just not sure how much to cut as well where to cut for the battery too.

Thanks for being so helpful

This Is the best pic I have.

I think that should be low enough for me. Wed, I'll start cleaning up some stuff and start cutting for my new tranny.

I'll do my suspension then cut the hole. 

Is it possible for you to send me a pic of the hole you cut? in a farther out view?

New wheels came in. :) These will be all set and ready within a few months for some nice cozy tires.

My funds are really short so I need to get some other things sold off before I can buy parts.

I need a driveshaft though...

I will be doing all the free things.

wheel%20whore%202_zpsvrjuoyoh.jpg

wheel%20whore_zpswbpighgv.jpg

wheel%20whore%203_zpszyg8kgju.jpg

• Like 1

I have a driveshaft that is brand new. Correct length for a zx transmission to fit in a 510 wagon. Brand new u joints. It's got a brand new tube. Balanced and everything ready to bolt up... It's not cheap though

Pm me what you're thinking of.

I'm pretty sure at the least it'll be garage art.

Today I finished installing my brakes and clutch cylinder. I need to install the hardlines.

Also, does anyone know what the piece is called that connects the clutch slave to the tranny? It comes out of the slave and onto the clutch throw out bearing thingy lol. Loss of words

The part you at looking for is clutch fork.

Alsom I've been thinking about painting the centers of my xr4's red.

I'm gonna plastidip the centers red to see how I like it first.

Do the barrels black and the centers bare.

But the red might look good though. The way the longchamps are designed a painted center doesn't look quite right in my opinion.