Feels like autumn.

DatMo

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I decided to keep em anyways. haha. but if I do shave them, I'll have to have a lot more experience lol.

Lmao. I laughed.

And also to turn off the car, pull the wire off the coil that goes to the dizzy

good call.

Also, when removing the dash panel, I can't seem to get the screws that are really close to the window off.

What do you guys recommend?

Tomorrow, I should be getting a few things done. Pretty excited!

I just need to make the top attachment of the battery so it stays in place.

I also get my adapters tomorrow.

I'm a little worried that with the plastic that I put on the bottom, the battery sticks too high and the terminals get close to the bottom of the seat..

I'll also put something on the bottom of the seat to make sure nothing touches as well.

I ended up bolting it into place as well. 

box%20installed_zpsp6uvkejs.jpg

I'll put something there. That sounds like a good idea though!

Thanks.

Also getting my driveshaft really soon. 

I need to do the small things around the car but I've been busy with other small things. 

Also, when removing the dash panel, I can't seem to get the screws that are really close to the window off.

What do you guys recommend?

Tomorrow, I should be getting a few things done. Pretty excited!

I just removed a dash off my parts car and they can be a b!tch. Phillips screws, so be slow, careful and use WD-40! Little out, little in until you get them to come all the way out. There are 4 in there. If you break or shear one, you may be able to drill and tap once the dash is fully removed, but you may have to pull the windshield to get straight at it. Be careful and slow!!

To start my rear suspension, I ordered opel gt shocks, some 3inch blocks with angles from joel and I'm taking my bottom leaf to a shop to get dearched in order to place on top.

I'll also be cutting the rear seat hole.

I do however, need a damn driveshaft..

To start my rear suspension, I ordered opel gt shocks, some 3inch blocks with angles from joel and I'm taking my bottom leaf to a shop to get dearched in order to place on top.

I'll also be cutting the rear seat hole.

I do however, need a damn driveshaft..

When I flipped my leaf, I didn't do anything to it. I just flipped it over. Used a c clamp to suck it tight to the others, and but the bolt back through and tightened it all up. The opposite arch is what helps the car go lower

I had misunderstood lol.

Most of my parts should be coming in soon as well to finish my rear.

Also, I got some new seats! :) 

I got them for a steal. one seat has a minor rip on the bottom that is somewhat noticable? It's where I sit so I don't mind it too much. 

For the price, I cannot complain.

I'll also get another pic of the other seat.

but here!

seats_zpsbiokvxiw.jpg

That happened once before to someone I was helping. I think I simply bought a new generic bolt, Rounded the head (make it not a hex) and bolted it together (VIce grips). Then simply made the corresponding hole bigger.

Also pro tip for bolting leafs backs back together. Get a super long bolt of the same diameter, Run it through all the leafs, and then clamp the leafs together, remove bolt, and then take the stock bolt and bolt it together. Other wise it can be quite difficult to get the leafs aligned with one another.

• Like 1

That happened once before to someone I was helping. I think I simply bought a new generic bolt, Rounded the head (make it not a hex) and bolted it together (VIce grips). Then simply made the corresponding hole bigger.

Also pro tip for bolting leafs backs back together. Get a super long bolt of the same diameter, Run it through all the leafs, and then clamp the leafs together, remove bolt, and then take the stock bolt and bolt it together. Other wise it can be quite difficult to get the leafs aligned with one another.

Thanks! I'm a lot happier to hear that.

Well I was here and I figured that the bolt was holding the leafs together?

My leaves are still stuck together?

I'm currently trying to look up on youtube how to remove the leaves.

I figured since I just need to remove the bottom leaf, I did not need to remove the whole pack?

Yet I still cannot remove any of the leafs from each other?

Am I suppose to bend open the c holders along the leaves?

But the overload should come off with no effort.

This is what I assumed because the only thing holding it was the bolt since no clips had it. Unfortunately, the overload would not come off?