Feels like autumn.

DatMo

Well shit... Do you have a leaf spring shop local? They'll make you a set of ubolts to match, just longer ;) that's interesting they're not long enough. I used the exact same ubolts for 3.25" blocks and had length to spare :confused:

I think he didn't use the ones from Napa. He used the square ones. I have 2" blocks, flipped leaf and plenty of room to go to a bigger block with the Napa u bolts.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The flipped leaf spring, on top, doesn't look right .. I think you need to make it totally flat .. Also, it looks like the other side of the axle is still bolted down, or you need to raise that side to be level, and those are definitely not the NAPA U-bolts

Those were not the nappa bolts. 

Also, I think the one side being down was partly the issue.

Even with flattened overload leaf, the napa did not give me enough threads to complete the nut and I felt like that was not completely safe.

So I drilled out the bottom plate and just used some longer bolts.

It all worked fine in the end and I learned plenty.

To those who helped, thanks.

Especially joel. lol

Here's some resulting pics and with everything I did. the u-bolts that you see are also 2 5/8 wide and 9 7/8 long off some cl guy.

He said he got them from autozone but they had nothing like those specs there?

Also, my subie got rear ended today by some airhead. she took a turn into the parking lot without even looking.

Luckily it was just ruined paint but I just got my car resprayed :(

lowering%20block%20setup_zpsc7fwyv1c.jpg

lowered%20wagon_zps8trzz7hx.jpgass%20shot_zpsixmnlplq.jpg

• Like 1

A 620 driveshaft is a 2 piece driveshaft with a carrier bearing. It will not work.

What he said. Thinking I need to put a 510 driveshaft in this 620 I'm working on...    :rofl:

If you were having it shortened, a 620 could work. Just take it in and have it retubed to the right length. The front and rear flanges should work in a 510 just fine, just not the length/coupler. 

I'm really looking toward it. Idk what kind thoug. Dakota had some great ones

Even the regular e30 seats look good I had them in my blue dime the recaros are a bitt more sporty looking my buddy had a pair when he used to own one. Glad your ditching those seats tho I wasn't feeling them, too modern for your car but I wasn't goin to bash you about them.

• Like 1

Even the regular e30 seats look good I had them in my blue dime the recaros are a bitt more sporty looking my buddy had a pair when he used to own one. Glad your ditching those seats tho I wasn't feeling them, too modern for your car but I wasn't goin to bash you about them.

I'll be looking for something nice then. 

Just have the stock one shortened, measure it out and have it made, going to be the easiest way.

I don't have one at all. I have a 620 drive shaft. If I had the stock one I'd be perfect.

Well I'm getting my driveshaft friday and I should be turning on the car then.

I must say, I'm pretty excited.

I'll have it turned to key in roughly two weeks.

A lot of things happening.

I bought some parts for my subie.

It needs some love.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna redo my battery tray. doesn't seem good enough and I want it to look better.

but, i did the timing and installed the dizzy and etc.

just gettin the new battery  box then I'll be turning her on! :)

for updates, follow me ig. im on there plenty lol

dat510mo

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Goon...im partial however. ;) what is the front splitter/lip you have? Lots of guys have them and I havd no idea what they are or where to source them?

Eric

thanks! and like he said! it's an mk1. 

on another note, I've been getting a few things done.

if anyone wants to trade a hood for a pair of procar racing seats let me know