79 KC 620 for my dad

The KC panels came out great!!

ADB5A079-9739-4A18-A15B-5F2A98147AA8_zps

822D7D00-A22F-4FEF-942E-A98EFB6D1993_zps

And since those were done and installed I figured the rest of the interior needed to go back in now :D

But first.....

Needed to address the rusty pass side floor board -.-

35D91508-387B-4466-B855-489EC13A5D58_zps

Since I don't have the time, funds, or welder to properly fix them I just laid down some "rust killing" stuff I had

816EC220-FD4D-49F0-82EF-E8674B1BB76A_zps

Tomorrow i will get to see what it looks like dried, finger crossed ;)

• Like 1
  • Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While that ^^^ dried, I was able to wrap up the engine bay!

03FD8781-674B-4DB5-903E-D9B3FEAEC08F_zps

All the exposed wiring harnesses have been cleaned and re-wrapped with fresh electrical tape

All the plumbing for fluids is done

All wiring reinstalled and hooked up

The engine bay is done now!! Should be able to get the first test fire in tomorrow :D

• Like 1

But this time it's looking like the new place will be nothing but upgrades all around !!!!

Going from a 2 bedroom apt w/ 1car garage to this!!!!

D55D3288-6529-461D-9124-E8D6632A2BF3_zps

The 2 car garage is a nice size with lots of storage and I get it all to myself :D (till Jessi moves in but I'm happy to share it with her)

E1A8E584-6780-4670-A396-A4A54F2B4B96_zps

• Like 7

Well somehow I managed to fry the engine bay wiring harness....

I went to fire it up for the first time and watched smoke go from the battery to the fire wall.....

So I went for a long drive to pick up a new harness, wrapped it all up, installed it, and pushed the truck outside for the first time in a long time ready for another test fire tomorrow when it's not 3am (the truck is open header till I can get it to an exhaust shop)

I was so pissed I only got this pic tonight

C12218A8-B767-45E9-B64F-D1B306054C78_zps

• Like 1

and thats why ive been at a virtual standstill with my project. wiring scares the shit outta me. if I get it wrong the truck is toast. and the P.O. changed some stuff with the factory ign system so I'm almost afraid to proceed. 

Well shit......

Truck still doesn't wanna fire, after talking with Mike I'm gunna investigate the inhibitor switch on the trans tomorrow with new info :)

But just incase someone else sees something I don't....

The "problem area"

It's a small harness that clips to the transmission and goes forwards just above the starter past the dip stick then towards the frame just to the rear of the engine mount. It also holds the start signal wire for the starter and the oil pressure sender wire. At or near the frame it plugs into the engine main harness.

My problem is the math

My connector for the trans harness to the engine bay harness is a 6pin

1 - oil pressure

1 - starter solonoid

2 - kickdown switch on the trans

2 - neutral switch on the trans

That ^^^ makes up all 6 but there's supposed to be 4 wires going to the neutral switch not 2(per mike 2 for fever lights and 2 for identifying when the teams is in park or neutral to allow it to fire).... I'm missing 2 wires.....

Wtf...

Talked to teddy and Jessi and between the two of em could not find a 79 with 6 pin connector like this one, they were all 8pin. Which makes sense and would tell me where my two missing wires are/went -.-

I know this truck was running with an auto in it damnit....

Thought?

• Like 1