Became unemployed on Friday and couldnt be happier !

So, the Aussie Government has been taking an axe to Government departments in a bid to try and claw back some savings by cutting staff.

Even the agency I (now used to) work for wasnt spared. For me it was a case of do I put my hand up for a redundancy, or put up with the inevitable shuffling around of positions and associated BS that goes with it.

The coolthing about this whole situation is currently the Aussie Government cuts you a pretty sweet deal if you are made redundant. In addition to paying out your holiday and long service leave entitlements, if you have Ten or more years service (which RW had) you get a full years pay as well :).

After the inevitable taxes, Im going to end up with roughly 15 months nett pay in my bank account. Coupled with the fact I can take my superannuation as a pension, im sitting fairly sweet. Cant retire just yet (im very lucky to have a big house, although it comes with the big mortgage) and will have to get another job in the short to medium term (thankfully theres heaps of employment in my field of expertise).

Going to take about a month off and then start job hunting.

The even better thing about this is ill be able to do some work on a very unloved goon!

• Like 3
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be an American thing......

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/thanks-obama

Glad you made out ahead ratwagon!

Thanks fella.

RW has had a pretty shitty couple of years in recent past.

Health is way back on track, and yeah, whilst im not on easy street (far from it), things are ok at the moment.

• Like 1

Obummer is fucking the entire world up period. This country has not the same respect it once had since he took office.

It was lost and loosing ground before him.  Americans are ok people but the government they choose is lacking. Things are not the way they once were 40 or even 30 years ago. The US government can't take care of it's own people, infrastructure is failing, brown outs, lack of water, homelessness, education, energy. It's still walking around with a big stick but no one has called it out on it ... yet. Putin and Israel are saying 'fuck you'. China is the next world super power, you just watch the next decade or so. But don't watch your own news stations.  :lol:

BTW I remember the last time I was fired. I was the happiest I had been in two years because I should have left and looked for another job but couldn't be bothered. It was long overdue and when the axe came I was grateful it was taken out of my indifferent hands.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It was lost and loosing ground before him.  Americans are ok people but the government they choose is lacking. Things are not the way they once were 40 or even 30 years ago. The US government can't take care of it's own people, infrastructure is failing, brown outs, lack of water, homelessness, education, energy. It's still walking around with a big stick but no one has called it out on it ... yet. Putin and Israel are saying 'fuck you'. China is the next world super power, you just watch the next decade or so. But don't watch your own news stations.  :lol:

BTW I remember the last time I was fired. I was the happiest I had been in two years because I should have left and looked for another job but couldn't be bothered. It was long overdue and when the axe came I was grateful it was taken out of my indifferent hands.

What, Americans are ok people? The government chosen say this and that during their campaining which sounds like a great plan but then once in office everything promised is shot down buy political muscle. So don't blame the American voters for voting in our government, blame the parties with stubborn non wanting to change for the better members. You know every politician has an opinion and no one wants to look weak to their party. Hey if your depending on your government to take care of you in any Country your are truly FK'd. You gota take care of yourself don't depend on government. It's like depending on overtime BAD IDEA!!!!

Lou "Canadians WAIT MY WIFE IS CANADIAN"

• Like 1