3m automobile film

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All glass but the windshield is tempered to shatter into tiny non lethal 1/4" tiles when broken. Glass is harder than steel and it  would scratch on the outside and on the inside from rolling up and down..

It's like window tint but this tint is clear i want to use it for heat reflection ... It gets pretty hot inside

To reflect it has to reflect. Clear is the same as a greenhouse, lets everything in and traps the warmth. You need dark to block the light like blinds yet allow you to see through. Some office glass is covered with a fine layer of gold which acts like a mirror and reflects a percentage of light away.

As Bill said, dark as the law allows all round and as far forward as your shoulders or again what ever the law allows so check. You might be allowed some approved tint on the front glass.

When I lived in Florida it was mandatory. we had limo tint all around with double on the backs and a big fat strip across the windshield.

Always helped that my buddies older brother owned a tinting business

Now with age, my eyes much prefer as much light as I can throw there ways, not to mention tired window felts and channel scuff the crap out of the tint making it look like poo.

• Like 1

3M™ Crystalline Automotive Films

Appearance

Improves Comfort

Glare Reduction

105108(97%) reviewers would recommend this product. Read all 108 reviews Write a review Share

If you are looking for the ultimate in high technology, superior clarity and performance with a premium look – Then 3M Crystalline Automotive Window Film is for you. 3M Crystalline Automotive Window Films feature a proprietary, multilayer optical film technology that combines over 200 layers in a film that is thinner than a Post-it® Note. This unique technology is the reason a clear film can reject more heat than darker films, without changing your car's appearance.

Solar heat comes from two primary sources, the visible light you can see and the infrared light you can feel. Crystalline window films reject up to 97% of the sun's heat producing infrared light and block up to 60% of the heat coming through your windows. These industry-leading, spectrally-selective films are designed to keep you cool, comfortable and protected.

Designed to maintain the appearance of your car, Crystalline films allow up to 90% of the light into your vehicle. Because these films are non-metallized, you can be assured of zero interference with GPS or cell phone signals.

That's what the web site says