Canby swap meet! Bring it!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Canby is a great opportunity to rid yourself of superfluous parts and let someone else keep their datto on the road. As you will be traveling there anyway it saves the bother and expense of shipping. You can also swap or trade if money is tight.

Perhaps we could use this thread to list parts the we would be willing to deliver to Canby to sell or trade? Outside the classifieds that is. There would be no discussion of the items just a list, a price and a picture. Interested partied could contact the seller by private message with questions or offers and set up a meet at the fair.

Rules...

This is for parts delivered for pick up at Canby only.

What ever deal is worked out is your responsibility to live up to it.

No discussion on this thread about the part. Work this out in private.

List items separately with clear picture and a price. Questions? Work this out in private.

Seller should understand and be willing to take part home if buyer has any second thoughts upon seeing it... no harm no foul.

Seen reasonable???

• Like 4

I am going to enlighten everyone on this thread so you/we do not get in trouble.

There are vendors at Canby that pay for a spot to sell their stuff(new & used), so the rules are that no one is supposed to sell parts out of their cars/trucks in the corral area, that area is to park your vehicle, it's not a vendor spot, and the staff will corner you about it if you do sell stuff, as the vendors complain and have a right to, as they paid for a spot.

I did bring parts for delivery into the corral area, and got warned, I had sold the parts before even leaving my house, but it did look like I was selling parts because I was selling parts, I had sold them ahead of time, but how are the staff supposed to know that, they cannot know it, they just see someone selling parts in the corral parking.

I don't really know what to tell you all, except if you are delivering stuff to Canby that is already sold, have a list with names on it showing that what you have is sold already, and to who it is sold, and if you get caught selling out of your vehicle, well I don't know what they do about it/how they deal with it, but just take your punishment and move on.

• Like 3

Good point wayno. If taking parts to Canby to sell, get a booth. Maybe this isn't obvious to everyone.

If you have an understanding with someone and are delivering a part that you have to Canby, conclude your agreement more or less privately. Use your head, the corral is not the place to flash money or parts.

As to the venders I love wandering the stalls over and over. It's like a Datsun wrecking yard but you don't have to pull the parts.

• Like 2

Ive seen it where someone buys a vendor spot and then shares it out for people to put their stuff out... throw a couple bucks in the pot and share the space. Hopefully something like that happens this year. I have some stuff Id like to bring, but not enough to warrant spending the cash on a vendor spot. Maybe next year (one could hope). 

• Like 2

I'm sure the more spaces that can be rented the better for the organizers. I can't see bring any junk on the chance that it might sell unless much closer. I don't mind bringing a few parts that aren't coming back with me.

Contact Bothwell for price on booth? I might get one if anyone wants to use my spot to sell out of. Hit me up.....I want a roof rack for the wagon and I got a line on one from devilsbullet. I'll be bringing Hotwheels to trade also.

• Like 1

Lets keep chatter of what you want and are bringing to a minimum. If vending, everyone will see it there.

I'd like to see parts that can offered here, delivered and be available for pick up at Canby. List them, picture of them and a price. No discussion. Anyone interested, contact seller by private message and work it out.

This is a Canby only chance to sell or exchange your junk by bringing in person to cut delivery costs and bother. It a once a year chance outside of our usual CLASSIFIEDS section. If you can't stick to this it will be erased and maybe this thread closed.

So who's got what? that they don't want and don't mind bringing with them?

For example.

I have two 620 fuse blocks the one on the left is in poorer shape but not burned or melted contacts. Should be cleaned up with sand paper and a vinegar soak. The holder is free as the condition is poor as you see it but the fuse block is $15.

The one on the right is practically pristine and has been soaked in vinegar ... $25

If your harness plugs are melted you can swap your wires into these plugs. ... $5 or included with either box you buy if you need them.

Canby2014parts002.jpg

Canby2014parts001.jpg

Oct '82 and up 720 round clock and tach option. Includes the mission 2.2K in line resistor fro true plug it in and play. For clock you will have to drill a 1/8" hole where the dimple is on the clear bezel. $50 or $30 each.

Canbyparts001.jpg

610/710 fuse cover. May work on the S10 or A10 so check yours. Small crack in top left. $10

Canbyparts002.jpg

p/m'd you

I want a roof rack for the wagon and I got a line on one from devilsbullet. I'll be bringing Hotwheels to trade also.

a few years ago i bought one out of the back of a wagon.

the owner wasn't sure he was selling it.

ill bring some HW too.

someone asked me for a BLVD subaru brat ill have it there for them too

• Like 2

I can bring a pair of 280ZX struts. $125 complete. Let me know.

This is where a picture helps. Complete as in calipers and rotor?

I just wanted to encourage people to bring stuff to sell. I don't know how last year was, but the year before was pretty bleak. The 2012 meet was really good though. We're looking to stock the AZ junkyard.

This is why I encourage this post so that stuff brought is pre sold. Bringing it to sell there competes with venders who have paid for a stall space. In addition the parts don't have to be lugged back home.

I only need ,,,  i need a steering wheel adapter for a 1980 720 ,,  probably could be any kind as i can retro fit almost anything, but i have old school type 3 bolt model steering wheel if it matters. 

I will be in the camp area Saturday// Sunday just look for the lizard mobile or the warthog.

I only pay Ratsun discount prices ,, not facebook wanna-be famous prices.

• Like 2

I didnt register but I do plan on bringing at least one truck load of parts.

Bring that tank please! :D

Does Ratsun have a vendor spot ? For T-shirts and decals/stickers etc .?

I hope to have ratsun rising sun stickers, but will just be wandering around.

• Like 1