How much to expect to pay for a running 620?

B^2

So I've been getting more into Datsun's lately.  My former coworker had a four door 510 and I've been looking at picking up a running 620.  The barrier to entry looks a little lower on the 620's than it is to get into a 510.  Do the 620's have many of the same issues with regards to rust?  From what I've seen online it seems the market value for a running 6200 is somewhere around 2000-4000 with some minor drawbacks here/there.  The one downside is I'm on the east coast and the vast majority seem to be on the west coast.  Just trying to get a sense of what I should expect to pay for one.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

East coast is automatically rustier than normal but the 620 has a rust prone horizontal bed seam along the sides. Body parts are even rarer to find in junk yards unless you have a parts vehicle.

I looked at one last weekend. Guy was asking $1500.00......rusted floor at the front cab mounts and the rocker panels were both rusted about 70% away.

I passed on it

i got a car shipped from el cajon (san diego / so cal) to boston area last fall for 2k fully insured and inside, and quotes from NYC to boston were in the 500 range outside. So your probably right on (around 1200 or so) for a ride across country outside.

and welcome from another east coaster. What kinda datsun are you looking for?

Ideally, I want a 2 door 510 but I might end up settling for a 620 truck for the time being.  It seems like the 620's are a lot cheaper than any of the 510's I've seen around.  Where in Maine are you?

Im in Alberta, Canada and I freaken paid 2700$ for a beater...Running but with lots of problems, dents, rust and missing parts... I was ignorant and impatient...Now I keep seeing the same trucks for sale at 500$...But only after buying three effin trucks 2700$, 400$, and 50$ of course...

• 4 weeks later...

They almost never show up around this area (or within 300 miles of me) but when they do they are either total trash that can't be saved or almost complete trash that I would be happy with but they want $2500 for. If I could find one that ran and was in one piece for under a grand I might be able to get the wife to agree to letting me get another one... might.

I'm in Kelowna, BC, kinda getting out of Datsun country that is closer to the WA border. Just today picked up a $500 beater, runs, drives, no brakes except e-brake, Fred Flintstone floor boards, rotted rockers and cab corners. It's saving grace is it has a decent hood, roof, spotless windshield, headliner, bench, most lights intact, and runs relatively well for just being pulled out of a field after 7 years, needs a tune though. Will start a thread for it tomorrow.

• Like 1