Forum newb and his 34K original miles '80 Datsun 720 4x4

Gradyfest

You changing out your slave cylinder while you're at it? I just replaced mine last night for $21. Worst part was getting the system bled out.

~Peter

I really don't want to since it's original and works fine. When I first bought the truck, there was actually a piece of the slave cylinder boot just hangin' there. I pulled it off since it wasn't doing anything. I've been looking for just the boot for sale ever since. I haven't found one yet though. Found plenty of aftermarket cylinders with boots however. I was surprised how easy finding the clutch fork boot was. For now I do spray the area with WD40 every month or so to prevent corrosion and problems, since no boot is protecting it.

Here is a photo of the boot I'm missing:

imagejpg1_zps0de0a3f3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful truck.  Just read the thread. Noticed the floor mats that you are looking for, I was lucky enough to get some that came with my truck. Not bragging, just letting you know that they are out there keep on searching.

E23CA7A0-22A8-4DE2-A3D7-C33A2F97ECA4.jpg

• Like 3

Beautiful truck.  Just read the thread. Noticed the floor mats that you are looking for, I was lucky enough to get some that came with my truck. Not bragging, just letting you know that they are out there keep on searching.

E23CA7A0-22A8-4DE2-A3D7-C33A2F97ECA4.jpg

I too have a set of these, tho they aren't the blue style

• Like 1

Rock Auto is closing out some 1980 720 parts.  Might be a good time to stock up.

I did! Thank you. I remember it was late one night and I was actually going to buy some ball joints off it. I think I went down with the parts in the cart still and forgot after that. Let me pick up where I left off shall we... (talking to myself.) Here is a photo of one of mine. I think I'm missing something.

imagejpg1_zps94c2abac.jpg

• Like 2

Just curious in this picture do you think it a name screw up or a number screw up or both?

imagejpg2_zpsdc3ea694.jpg

That's a great question. I actually wondered about the label and description myself. I think I found these on eBay under nos datsun or something like that. I didn't find them by part number. I wasn't even searching for these actually. But I seen them while scrolling and knew I needed one. There was one on my truck still so I knew what they looked like and that these were it. They are there for a reason and I'm happy to have them. These little original parts make me smile.

• Like 2

Over the years Nissan has mixed up part numbers and descriptions on the older parts.  Many times when I have ordered older parts they come in wrong.  Had this recently with 720 Gas door parts..  This time it was the correct part # and description butt the part in the box was incorrect.

Just curious in this picture do you think it a name screw up or a number screw up or both?

imagejpg2_zpsdc3ea694.jpg

Any NOS part on the internet or E Bay is suspect. Could easily be a knock off part with a printed label. How is 12/16/14 barely a month old, a NOS???

Oil level gauge guide is usually the dip stick tube.

Got underneath and seen I had some boots that had better days.

imagejpg1_zps19eaa8bc.jpg

The old one came out in rock hard pieces. One large piece actually fell in the housing. I had to have a buddy hold the clutch down while I fished it out with a bent clothes hanger. Found a NOS one on eBay.

This is an interesting picture. upside down then.

• Like 2

I have received parts similar to this from the Nissan dealers here in the phoenix area.  First time I noticed this was back when they went from microfiche to computerized system.

I ordered outside window felt for a 70 521 and received a wiper arm in the package.

Kickass.

I went, but the truck is in the private yard still. they couldn't tell me if it still had the tray or not. Normally I can get into the private yard, but my cousin wasn't working today. I'll have to try again on the weekend sometime. I'll keep an eye on it.

• Like 3