Forum newb and his 34K original miles '80 Datsun 720 4x4

Gradyfest

Thanks denmarkboy. But I found those DATSUN mud flaps we talked about and put those on. I cleaned them up with RV awning cleaner and they came out all right. The white lettering came off a little where the water ran past it off the rusty body for years in the yard. Did leave a small rust line that might come off with another product. I went through my phone and can't believe I don't have a pic with them on yet. One to come. I think I just put them on yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My idea for the front. I measured the hub and it's 2 1/2 inches across showing the lettering completely but not the bolts. The inside ring of the center cap is also 2 1/2 inches. A friend of mine says when cutting plastic with this type of blade to run it in reverse for the best cut? I guess I could find a peice of similar plastic and run tests. Anybody of ever heard/done the reverse cut before? I have a feeling it's going to look good regardless of how it's cut. I'll clean it up with a needle file if it needs it.

imagejpg1_zpsfdcc516f.jpg

• Like 3

So yeah, it ended up being a bad fuel line that made my truck run with hiccups. The fuel lines by the tank were replaced at some time in the past and the guy put on the wrong size. It had 5/16 on it but the lines are 1/4. The hoses were to big allowing air in. First, I tightened down the clamps more and it helped for a day or so. But I ended up having to replaced them and it runs great meow. However, it does still have visible air bubbles in the filter still? Nothing like the big ones before though... Somewhere in the system it must get rid of these air bubbles before hitting the carb?

imagejpg1_zpsb342c07b.jpg

imagejpg2_zpse69d577f.jpg

imagejpg3_zps6815fd0d.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks guys, he's getting there. I've found a few pics of these badass floor mats that they use to make in the '70s-'80s? I ABSOLUTLY WILL OWN A MINT PAIR. If any readers have some for sale and have not seen a photo of them on my truck yet, please pm me!

imagejpg3_zps38c10293.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsb5b6c5de.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsa75ea6a9.jpg

• Like 2

What's up Peterscherer, welcome bro. I totally would. I'd take the time to glue the carpet down and all. None of those photos are from me or my truck though. Rather, they are a group of photos that I found online and downloaded. That's how I know they exist, or did exist. I just REALLY want some. I can already see wear from my sandals on the blue mat in the cab. I want to preserve the floors in the most time accurate, and koolest way possible. Which would be a set of the ones in the first photo. I just know that somewhere there's a blue set in a box waiting for its final destiny with the blue bomber... :)

• Like 2

I got off my ass and went out to the 521KC and took photos of them mats, they are ugly, and they were not so good when I bought them, I believe I found these in a 210/B210, or a 200SX, some Datsun car.

DSCN3955.JPG

DSCN3957.JPG

Here is one of the rear mats, as I said, I found them in a car.

DSCN3958.JPG

They are ugly, and not for sale, although going out to the truck and pulling that rear mat showed me I have a leak, so I need to dry it out back there.

• Like 2

Got underneath and seen I had some boots that had better days.

imagejpg1_zps19eaa8bc.jpg

The old one came out in rock hard pieces. One large piece actually fell in the housing. I had to have a buddy hold the clutch down while I fished it out with a bent clothes hanger. Found a NOS one on eBay.

imagejpg1_zpsff7713ac.jpg

• Like 2