What are you listening to???

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, paradime said:

Great music, but its time for a little truth about Zeppelin.

I play slide guitar and sing in a blues band for a bit of fun...

https://www.facebook.com/pbtmusic/

Our harmonica player is like a walking blues encyclopedia. It was almost a weekly pass-time to talk about songs Led-zep had stolen. The one that stood out to us was this one...

So we stole it back for Willie. 😉 

BTW, I totally understand the "homage" thing that happens in blues, but Lep-zep proved to be nothing more than thieves over and over. Someone said to me the other day that the Stones and other bands in the british invasion did the same, but those same bands often organized for black blues artists to tour Europe at the time. Respect your elders.

• Like 2

I've posted my brother and sister's, but I think this is a first for What Are You Listening To for a fellow Rat to post their own music. Good on yah mate!

BTW, The link you posted from FB doesn't work. If the original is on Youtube, copy the URL of the vid from your browser and paste it into the text field. 

Sad thing is, although they were exposed as shameless plagiarists decades ago, Zeppelin's exalted status in "rock history" is held safe by financial interests. For example, even though people have tried to correct this as being blues history Wikipedia still presents them like this: "Page wrote most of Led Zeppelin's music, particularly early in their career, while Plant generally supplied the lyrics." and "Many critics consider Led Zeppelin to be one of the most successful, innovative, and influential rock groups in history." There's absolutely no mention of who actually created their most successful songs. Proving once again, music critics are ignorant twats, and intellectual property laws only apply when someone steals from the music industry. 

Keep turning the blues upside down.

• Like 1