Jump to content

What are you listening to???


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/4/2019 at 7:04 PM, a.d._510_n_ok said:

 

 

Did you know Buster Poindexter is David Johansen aka Johny Thunder lead singer for the NY Dolls? Arguably one of the most influential people in early 70s Punk. Malcolm McLaren managed The NY Dolls during their final tour just before going back to the UK and forming The Sex Pistols.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
On 12/4/2019 at 10:40 AM, Duncan said:

 

 

Reminds me of Bo Grumpus. These guys used to play on the street all over SF in the 90s. The guy playing the guitar is Craig Ventresco. Dude's got to be one of the greatest Dixie players on the planet and still barely scratched a living out of it. He's definitely do'n what he do though. 

 

 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2
Link to post

Went to a parent teacher meeting on Friday and discovered this is actually my doubters 8th grade English teacher... 

 

 

 

WTF did I get in the 8th grade?

 

mean_teachers-300x253

 

 

Now you know why I can't spell worth a shit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
9 minutes ago, paradime said:

 this is actually my doubters 8th grade English teacher... 

 

Now you know why I can't spell worth a shit.

 

 

 

...yes

Link to post
3 hours ago, paradime said:

Went to a parent teacher meeting on Friday and discovered this is actually my doubters 8th grade English teacher.

 

 

They sound a helluva lot like No Doubt.  Not that it's a bad thing, but she sings just like Gwen Stefani, and the ska thing is very similar...

  • Like 2
Link to post
5 hours ago, paradime said:

 

Did you know Buster Poindexter is David Johansen aka Johny Thunder lead singer for the NY Dolls? Arguably one of the most influential people in early 70s Punk. Malcolm McLaren managed The NY Dolls during their final tour just before going back to the UK and forming The Sex Pistols.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I did know that. The Poindexter bit actually soured the Dolls' guitarist Johnny Thunders on ever working with Johansen again. I always took the bit as tongue-in-cheek but a lot of their fans didn't.

  • Like 3
Link to post
3 hours ago, Duncan said:

 

They sound a helluva lot like No Doubt.  Not that it's a bad thing, but she sings just like Gwen Stefani, and the ska thing is very similar...

 

If not exactly like Gwen Stefani. Same exaggerated slow vibrato and over dubbing her voice to fill the chorus parts. First time my daughter played it I thought they were just lip-syncing to a No Doubt song I'd never heard before.

 

 

6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Is her name Daughter? Otherwise with a capitol is funnier English. So.... yes.

 

Thanks for the English lessons Captain Obvious. 

 

 

1 hour ago, a.d._510_n_ok said:

 

I did know that. The Poindexter bit actually soured the Dolls' guitarist Johnny Thunders on ever working with Johansen again. I always took the bit as tongue-in-cheek but a lot of their fans didn't.

 

Shit man, you know more about the Dolls than I do.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by paradime
  • Like 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.