People's Choice Poll Datsun Gasser Trucks

Datsun Gasser Truck Popularity Contest  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Datsun Gasser Pickup Do You Like More?

• Barry Brown's 1979 Datsun 620
    • Barney Brown's 1970 Datsun 521

Two Brothers, two Gasser Datsun Pickup Trucks. They want to know what Ratsun thinks.

Barry Brown's 1979 Datsun 620

vvvvvv Build Thread Link vvvvvvvvv

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/60234-1979-datsun-620-gasser-by-riter-restorations/?do=findComment&comment=1049121

tibe.jpg

Barney Brown's 1970 Datsun 521

vvvvv Build Thread Link vvvvv

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/60235-1970-datsun-521-gasser-by-barney-brown/

2dk8.jpg

Not only are these trucks being built to compete against each other on the drag strip they also want to compete for your votes.

People's Choice Poll. Vote for your favorite Datsun build!! Which brother gets bragging rights, you be the judge.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

521 are naturally more beauty than a 620, how bout a video of them going at it at the track?

NOT!

The 521 has an aggressive no nonsense utilitarian look while the 620 is the 'iron fist in the velvet glove' truck. In no way could the 521 be called beautiful, but it definitely has it's rugged charm.

• Like 1

the shackle length on the 521 is pretty wild

Yeah, it's going to be a bit unstable laterally. Due to the blocks installed to take off some of the height the shackles made, I am assuming he is trying to increase the spring angle to influence anti-squat. I say that because I have seen guys do it before with that same thought. However, What influences anti-squat is the point where the theoretical line drawn from the contact patch through the front spring mount intersects the vertical line at the polar moment (the center of the vehicle’s weight). The back of the spring doesn't have any bearing on that.

So if you like the 521 but not the motor/drivetrain under it what do you choose? Well you just have to watch a NASCAR event. No, not eat B-B-Q and get drunk on beer with a sun burnt neck. I mean cheer for the chev or ford or w/e even though there is nothing remotely chev or ford or w/e about the car.