(INSOMNIACS) balls deep.

I'm not destroying my engine. If someone would have said yes, I would have asked my question of are stock Pistons and cast iron rings strong enought to hold up to the pressure. Some engines I know won't. But from what I've seen I can't find anything on the I internals when using nitrous in a stock l20.

yo Dre, we can be bro's 

come over and help me fix my forklift

unless you are actually Flatcat

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

you come talk shit 

annoy us

ask easily searched questions

about subjects that HAVE to have been discussed before.

and claim to know your shit?

What a fucking Ewok.

Go blow Jar Jar Binks, dipweed.

Or he's the greatest troll ever?

• Like 1

There is likely nothing about NOx and the L20B engine but parallels can be drawn from all other engines that HAVE used NOx in them.

Almost all engines use hyper-eutectic aluminum pistons. Basically they are 20% glass fused with aluminum. This makes them strong, cheap and easy to make but the biggest advantage is they don't expand with heat. This makes them quiet when started up cold. Owners like this. Their weak point is that they are brittle as glass and won't take severe pounding and heat from turbos, SCs or NOx. For that you need forged aluminum pistons.

Look up 'hyper-eutectic' and 'forged' aluminum pistons and their uses. I'm sure it will say in there somewhere that forges pistons are better for severe high hp engines. Look up also O ringing the block and copper head gaskets. One or both will be needed to contain the severe explosive power of NOx engines.

If sticking with a stock internal L20B I would restrict NOx use to 20-30 hp increase.

You say you build motors and understand them.... Yet you ask if you can NOx boost a 4cyl.....

You could probably boost a motorized beard trimmer if you wanted

So according to my calculations, if you super charge or turbo charge, with your smog pump, dump a full bottle of NOx, into your possibly correctly timed head, your L20 will produce appx. Some kind of horse power

• Like 2

Well, if you go into the bad part of town, to a bar known as Insomniacs, a hangout for biker gangs, and play pool and loose and mouth off to some big fuck who's friends hold you down and take turns fucking your ass. You can't very well complain about it. The time to turn around and leave was before the door closed.

• Like 2

You say you build motors and understand them.... Yet you ask if you can NOx boost a 4cyl.....

You could probably boost a motorized beard trimmer if you wanted

So according to my calculations, if you super charge or turbo charge, with your smog pump, dump a full bottle of NOx, into your possibly correctly timed head, your L20 will produce appx. Some kind of horse power

no. I know how to NOx a engine. I've only done it to Chevys and dodge that came with forged Pistons. I never had to deal with aluminum one. I understand Chevys and hemis very well. I understand a little about l series. So get off my back.

Customer:  Yeah, I need an intake gasket for a small block Chevy.

Auto Parts Guy:  What year?

Customer:  They're all the same.

Auto Parts Guy: Okay, let me just get you a 2005 Vortec gasket.

Customer:  That's not right!

Auto Parts Guy:  You said they were all the same?

• Like 2