• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smoke

• laotsu

• flatcat19

• q-tip

Top Posters In This Topic

PROTIP- Cranking the bass in your car doesn't make you cool- it just makes the doors, windows, and trunk lid rattle and buzz and announce to the world what a piece of shit car you drive. 

• Like 2

PROTIP- Cranking the bass in your car doesn't make you cool- it just makes the doors, windows, and trunk lid rattle and buzz and announce to the world what a piece of shit car you drive. 

So true this is.

I recall in the early 90's here in AUS,there was one guy who spent a fortune on a Alpine comp level system and he had the car sound insulated to the extent once the doors and windows were shut you could not hear the sound of the system no matter how loud it was.

It occured to me then that perhaps then he would not hear any noise from outside the car like a siren from a cop car or Fire Engine but later I discovered that acoustic deadening can be worked one way only.

One tiny move down on the electric window of that car and all the bass etc could be heard,put it up and nada.

Weight considerations of both the sound system and the sound deadening must've made the car heavier but he was into cruising more than speed so he was happy.

I love good sound over big sound. 

I hate a bass track that drowns out the vocals.

Yeah,I hear ya.

lol pun intended.

People with comp systems with crazy ass level DB's etc are all well and good but most have cars that are not practical in any sense owing to the demands for space that their comp system make.

I prefer to have something that will play my tunes with nice mid range and that bit of oomph in bass area when it's happening in a song.

NSFW material below - 

1420077030209.jpg

The body of an arab male was found in the back streets of Jerusalem in the early hours of the morning,the man had approximately 40 stab wounds all over his body.

The Jewish Coroners Office said it was the worst case of suicide they'd ever seen. 

I love good sound over big sound. 

I hate a bass track that drowns out the vocals.

Because everyone thinks running 1000 watts to each channel is the cool thing to do. If they ran 150-200 watts each channel (ex. with 12" subs), they'd actually be able to hear the music, not the slap of their cheap paper speakers and license plate rattles. Bass is supposed be felt, not heard three blocks away.

Exactly the same with kids and their ebay fart cans on their shitball cars; it sounds like complete garbage, but because it's loud they think it's good. :no:

• Like 1