Dollar Shave Club

Just wanted to share this since were all guys, and razors are freaking expensive anymore. I figured id try this after finding out it wasnt a scam, and i know alot of people are afraid its some kind of a scam. 

But they have 3 plans, i did the 6 dollar a month plan, u get a razor handle, then 4 blades, and every month 4 new blades, and its only the 6 bucks a month.  They came in yesterday for me, and secound morning shaving with them and they are very nice. Good quality blades, great quality handle, im very impressed.   Dont normally like posting stuff like this, but with how expensive blades are anymore, just figured id share it for those who have seen it.  Its not a scam, and they are not cheap, actually decent blades.  heres a pic.

dollar.jpg

And a link, also if you follow my link and join i get 5 dollars off for a month, u dont have to follow my link to join, just wanted to share a cool find.  You can put the extra dollars to your datsuns LOL

http://shaved.by/A_Ic

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Yah i finally took the plunge since we needed razors, wife flies through them, and these ones are great for her to, u can order extra ones a month, extra handles, anything u need as well.  Showed up in a envelope and everything.  I was afraid of some kind of scam with them, but spent a few days looking at reviews and figured why not, give it a shot.  Glad i did. 

Be a man. Grow a beard. 

There is no way I would shave my ass with a $1 razor blade. 

I might shave 3 times a week but usually twice. Use whatever the wife leaves. She likes em sharp so goes through them quick.

• Like 1

I still have and use [occasionally to trim my beard] my original Schick Eversharp 500 injector razor which I bought when I was 14 years old.  I am now 76 years old!  This was the original Schick injector, not the later cheapened riveted bridge one.  Mine has the "flip" lever which lets me rinse and thoroughly clean the blade between uses, and, yes you can still get Schick Injector blade packages.  "Platinum Chrome" coated.  I sincerely doubt that any razor you buy today will still be serving you 62 years later!  Quality lasts, cheap falls by the road.  Disposable razors should be disposed of before they are bought.

Edited by MikeRL411
  • Like 1

I still have and use [occasionally to trim my beard] my original Schick Eversharp 500 injector razor which I bought when I was 14 years old.  I am now 76 years old!  This was the original Schick injector, not the later cheapened riveted bridge one.  Mine has the "flip" lever which lets me rinse and thorughly clean the blade between uses, and. yes you can still get Schick Injector blade packages.  "Platinum Chrome" coated.  I sincerely doubt that any razor you buy today will still be serving you 62 years later!  Quality lasts, cheap falls by the road.

That's impressive! Gonna google it now.

I still have and use [occasionally to trim my beard] my original Schick Eversharp 500 injector razor which I bought when I was 14 years old.  I am now 76 years old!  This was the original Schick injector, not the later cheapened riveted bridge one.  Mine has the "flip" lever which lets me rinse and thoroughly clean the blade between uses, and, yes you can still get Schick Injector blade packages.  "Platinum Chrome" coated.  I sincerely doubt that any razor you buy today will still be serving you 62 years later!  Quality lasts, cheap falls by the road.  Disposable raxors should be disposed of before they are bought.

I used to use an old single-blade. I loved that thing. 

Grew legs one day though. 

Been on the lookout for a while for another. 

I used to use an old single-blade. I loved that thing. 

Grew legs one day though. 

Been on the lookout for a while for another. 

My Uncle had what I believe to be the ultimate razor.  He bought in in England in the early days of WW2, he was among the first American GIs to be deployed to England not counting the Eagle Squadron [although he did sneak a trip across the Ulster and Republic of Ireland border to visit family, he didn't get caught!] and bought a Sheffield Field Razor.  It looked like the "standard" King Gillette razor but came with an accessory kit and a stainless steel blade.    It came with a case that had a built in sharpening stone and a leather strop!  You opened the razor, aligned the blade and whipped it back and forth over the stone, reversed the blde and repeated.  Then you moved over to the leather strop and polished both sides of the blade.  It lasted him all through WW2 and until he died many years later.  Quality!  Can't beat that.

• Like 1

if you keep your razor dry or store it in rubbing alcohol it will stay sharp forever. there I just saved u six bucks a month. all your bases are belong to us!

Sorry, I feel like a troll... But god dammit I love this reference ! Uh, but, it's just 'base'

:)

Or you can learn to use a straight razor. I inherited a very nice german razor and have never gone back. Plus all preshave oil, shaving cream/soap, and post shave lotion are so much better for your face. And in the end theres nothing more manly or badass.