rb25det datsun 510

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess there are a couple out there. This is the only finished one I've seen.

Yar, there is a reason for that. Do you know how much money and reinforcement would have to gone into that car? That car is nothing but a shell on wheels. Don't get me wrong, thats fucking epic as hell but the drag track is that car will ever be good for. I mean, for the same money and time, an SR20 would give that car a run for it's money...that would be awesome to see too!

• Like 1

If you pause it when it's on the side view you can see it's not really an altered wheelbase. For some reason they lengthened the nose in front of the wheels about 8". Hideous...

They must have not put the motor back into firewall but hung it out past the from wheels, you know for worse weight balance...

• Like 1

someone has some really good pics of this wrecked car 

are there any details of how it happened

Car is probably horribly balanced and driver couldn't handle so much power in such a small car. It looks like he hit one of these

BrJS5qQ.jpg

I seen they RB 510 (white drag car) racing in the streets with a fully modded RX7 and other cars and damn that thing is a rocket but I agree its useless out of the drag strip.

That's where I found this :) The 510 is "mad cow" that rx7 was SIIIIIIIIIIIICK. 

I ran into this guy at cars & coffee who had those pics above of the crashed 510 and said it was his brother. He had quite a few more than I've ever seen on the interwebs. I wouldn't put an RB in a 510, because I really like the 510 how it is. I enjoy driving fast in the mountains and on the track. I just thought it was great to see someone who FINALLY finished one of these swaps. I haven't seen very many. Most go the way of that dude with the RB26.... cut the firewall out, start tubing.... then sell it as a fucked shell.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share some info on "mad cow" ...i hail from Trinidad as well and know the owner and the car, hes quite the show off..... the project you see now started back in the mid 2000's as a stock RB 20 in a 510 with an extended front end. It was done just to house the rad and intercooler and became the fastest RB 25 in TnT,Search Mad cow in youtube and see the car with the actuall black and white cow hide paint job. The car does not handle as bad as you would think and the fire wall has been recessed as well. Back home this was the norm for Dragracing...putting 6 cylinder engines in the smallest RWD chassis we could find. The RX 7 seen is also a monster, the 3 rotor is now in a second gen and puts out over 600whp the owner's name is Laquis...another guy with a big ego. These cars and many more are raced both on the streets and on the dragstrip. Unfortunately Trinidad no longer has an official Strip so to the street went the racing. I my self built and raced a datsun  210 with an sr20det before moving to the US, I now build and race 240's.  

• Like 2