Model Car Thread

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not posting this one on MCM- might once it's done though. :D

Yeah- the hoses are a bitch, but mine was a bit worse because I lost the kit-supplied tubing and used some from an AMT semi trailer instead, and it was the old stuff that wasn't as flexible. Not sure how I'll tackle the suspension- I'll wait until the chassis and body are together and mock it up then.

• Like 1

Wut kit u get d wheelz from

I honestly have no clue.  A friend (tonio7) had one wheel, he needed 4.  He sent me the one he had and I made a mold and cast several copies (I gave him way more than just 4, 'cause I'm cool like that)  I MAY still have some resin left, but it's OLD, so it may not be any good if it's still liquid.  I may also have a few still in my parts stash I'd be willing to let go for a reasonable fee.  They won't have tires though.  If enough people show interest, I'd even be willing to spend the money on some new resin and casting silicone and make a few more sets.

Thanks to all that "liked" my post, I've been modeling for a few years (since about 1985) and I have honed my skills, but don't think I'm getting high and mighty.  I KNOW I am FAR from good enough to be cocky about it.  I just do what I like.  I quit building for contests YEARS ago.  Now I just build what I want to...the way I like.  

Chuck.  You, sir, have an outstanding skill set. I've tried and tried to get a set of "flying tiger" teeth/eyes to look right, but I never can.  Aside from being a bit long in the tooth (that was a pun), your teeth look great.  It really captures the feel of the subject.

• Like 1

Thanks- still have to paint the red part into them. Maybe that'll help. Like I said, if I did a do-over of this one (and who knows, maybe I will), I think I'd draw them by hand and transfer them to decal film. But as it sits, I'll be happy enough with something close instead of an exact duplicate. :D

• Like 1

Thanks to all that "liked" my post, I've been modeling for a few years (since about 1985) and I have honed my skills, but don't think I'm getting high and mighty.  I KNOW I am FAR from good enough to be cocky about it.  I just do what I like.  I quit building for contests YEARS ago.  Now I just build what I want to...the way I like.  

Glad to see you found this thread.   :thumbup:

• Like 2

Not the best pic, but the body and interior of the 510 Street Fighter are pretty much done- next it's a matter of finding the right wheels and tires and messing around with the ride height. 

001_zpsae6d79a0.jpg

Dude this looks good man, let me know what you do about ride height. mine is pretty much done just havent slapped on wheels becasue of that and I havent put the windows in yet...

• Like 1