Model Car Thread

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn... now I want to track down a Hasegawa 510 to go with my Revell version.

http://www.scaledprojects.blogspot.com/2012/07/pit-stop-s20-datsun-510-by-del-aka.html

That's what DatsunFreak suggested I get after this one this revell kit is shit, what I'm currently working on stopped to upload some pics while some glues drys up. Just messing around with camber and such and I'm thinking about painting the flares black so they stand out more.

IMG_20141019_174400_zpsucoq4qqt.jpg

IMG_20141019_152436_763_zpsbhes98ha.jpg

IMG_20141019_152726_112_zpsg52mkhcv.jpg

IMG_20141019_153158_154_zpsytkdugiz.jpg

IMG_20141019_153251_871_zpsxrcblqgs.jpg

• Like 3

Damn... now I want to track down a Hasegawa 510 to go with my Revell version.

http://www.scaledprojects.blogspot.com/2012/07/pit-stop-s20-datsun-510-by-del-aka.html

How you do that much cool custom work and not fill in the fender mirror holes?   ^_^

That's what DatsunFreak suggested I get after this one this revell kit is shit

The Hasegawa is a really well done kit. The body is gorgeous, as is the interior. Sadly there's no engine bay, but you could probably build one, or trim down the revel engine bay to fit it. 

The only real downside to that kit (IMO) is that the bumpers are hollow, so it makes it a bitch to remove the overriders from them.   :rofl:

I recently ordered 3 more of them from HLJ so they aren't super hard to find, even though the kit has been out for awhile. http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGHC8/Aut

• Like 1

How you do that much cool custom work and not fill in the fender mirror holes?   ^_^

The Hasegawa is a really well done kit. The body is gorgeous, as is the interior. Sadly there's no engine bay, but you could probably build one, or trim down the revel engine bay to fit it. 

The only real downside to that kit (IMO) is that the bumpers are hollow, so it makes it a bitch to remove the overriders from them.   :rofl:

I recently ordered 3 more of them from HLJ so they aren't super hard to find, even though the kit has been out for awhile. http://www.hlj.com/product/HSGHC8/Aut

Thanks for the direct link, I looked after you told me about it over Instagram but didn't see it there I think I'll order this one. No engine bay man that sucks I was thinking of throwing an SR or some swap in it

• Like 1

I've done way worse on a few of mine. :D

Sometimes it's amazing how in-depth you'll go on something, only to realize when you're looking at the finished piece, that you completely overlooked something basic.

• Like 2

I've done way worse on a few of mine. :D

Sometim es it's amazing how in-depth you'll go on something, only to realize when you're looking at the finished piece, that you completely overlooked something basic.

True story, if you guys haven't noticed I have yet to paint the c-pillar vents, side markers and distributor cap and headlights. All I can think of at the moment I'm sure there's more.
  • Like 1

Speaking of "paint" and "WTF was I thinking when I didn't catch that"...

4062152330-vi.jpg

The idea for this car was that it's 'factory' color was red, but it had been painted over with olive drab. So I painted the engine bay red... but notice there's not a trace of olive drab overspray anywhere on it. Also notice how it's a bit too "clean" for a beater type car. I could always go back and fix it, but in actuality it'll probably look just like this forever.

• Like 2

True story, if you guys haven't noticed I have yet to paint the c-pillar vents, side markers and distributor cap and headlights. All I can think of at the moment I'm sure there's more.

Honestly, I did notice. But since I got the impression you were fairly new to this, I wasn't going to bust your balls about stuff like that.   ^_^

• Like 2

Honestly, I did notice. But since I got the impression you were fairly new to this, I wasn't going to bust your balls about stuff like that. ^_^

Lol thanks man, its just things I forgot to do because I would focus on another aspect of the build, all that stuff will be painted tonight along with this when I get back from shipping with my wife and daughters -_-

IMG_20141020_170953_zpscmn3i4pp.jpg

Also, anyone know where I can get a scaled Japan plate???

• Like 1

This is the best buildup of the Revell Five & Dime I've seen to date-

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=92662&page=1

He also has a link to the WIP thread if you want to see how he did it.

*throws hands up* fuck this I quit lol. Even tho it's not the route on going with my kit that is damned good it makes me wish I did the BRE car
  • Like 1

Biggest bitch (so far) of doing the Revell kit up like the Ratsun 510 street fighter is finding the right wheels, but I think I might be onto something-

http://www.hiroboy.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5377&osCsid=06ca8f61f553367c6ae514a651697038

• Like 1

Finally some progress on the 510!

Yeah- I'm making it crusty and nowhere near showroom fresh.  :thumbup:

001_zpsf5a2e2d3.jpg

I robbed the seats and steering wheel from an Aoshima parts pack, but other than those and the plug wires it's box-stock parts so far. Speaking of the plug wires.... I had a moment of "derptitude" and routed them under the upper radiator hose, instead of underneath it, despite knowing better. Looks like I'll have to pay closer attention to that next time! B)

• Like 3

Finally some progress on the 510!

Yeah- I'm making it crusty and nowhere near showroom fresh.  :thumbup:

001_zpsf5a2e2d3.jpg

I robbed the seats and steering wheel from an Aoshima parts pack, but other than those and the plug wires it's box-stock parts so far. Speaking of the plug wires.... I had a moment of "derptitude" and routed them under the upper radiator hose, instead of underneath it, despite knowing better. Looks like I'll have to pay closer attention to that next time! B)

Fuck those little hoses man I couldn't get them on for the life of me, looks good tho, any fitment issues yet? Mine should be done but I need to cut into the front wheel wells to get my wheels on low in the front

Getting started on the paint job.

004_zpsb21f6d48.jpg

I think this is the closest anyone has gotten to painting the fisch dime lol :rofl:

• Like 1

I thought I had seen your screen name before, Chuck.  

Great looking 510.  I am going to  have to look for your build thread on ModelCars forum.

I'm glad I found this thread, I have a new place to pimp my models!  lol

• Like 1