Model Car Thread

Any tips on fitting rims that didn't come with a kit, iv'e been having issues here and haven't finished my 510 because of it...

Too late to do you any good, but the Mitsua Market in Torrance CA had a Japanese Model shop and they had any accessory wheel / tire set in various scales,  Unfortunately the lease holder tried to make more money by raising the rent, so most of the model and JDM video shops moved out by Dec 2014.  Later this year the local Japanese Language Phone Book should be out.  If I remember this post I will try to locate the "new" location fot the JDM Toys and Car Models shop if it hasn't just thrown in the towel.

• Like 1
  • Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

flatcat19, I do not have the patience. We usually have long cold winters. My garage is not heated.

Draker, great you could find one.

The TWR Jaguar I have stripped the paint off twice because I did not get it right.

DSCN0130_zpsd0f30024.jpg

I wish I had not built this one, because they do not make them anymore,

DSCN0131_zpsff02ad9b.jpg

Another Jag,

DSCN0129_zps0d599868.jpg

• Like 2

Really, do tell  :w00t:

As far as I know, it's still set to be released in the first quarter of this year. The instructions, decal sheet, and box art were in development in December.

It's probably the best-fitting kit I've ever built. As in, Tamiya better be taking notes.

• Like 1

As far as I know, it's still set to be released in the first quarter of this year. The instructions, decal sheet, and box art were in development in December.

It's probably the best-fitting kit I've ever built. As in, Tamiya better be taking notes.

This is one of the most anticipated kits in a long time! This and the much maligned Starsky and Hutch kit. 

Has this been posted anywhere else? Or is it ok to repost anywhere else?

• Like 1

I found on ebay for $18. Not sure how that compares, but it was in the states. 

Shipping on those Japanese kits is about $8 for one, and $10 for 2-3. So it would be a few bucks more than you paid (about $21 shipped). 

I try to only buy from HLJ if I'm going to order 3 at a time. The rare stuff (Bluebird Coupe, Sunny Coupe, etc) I obviously wanted 3+ of each so it was a no-brainer. Just ordered a 2000 Roadster and since I just got one, shipping kinda made it not as cheap as I'd like ($22). But it's still cheaper than walking into my local hobby shop and buying one. Most Japanese kits on the shelf are $25-30, so even paying $20-22 for one from Japan that comes right to my door is still a "bargain". 

• Like 1

This is one of the most anticipated kits in a long time! This and the much maligned Starsky and Hutch kit. 

Has this been posted anywhere else? Or is it ok to repost anywhere else?

I don't care- I've posted it a couple of places already.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...