• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would like to know camera, settings, etc.

Also, where is that?!

Ooops, forgot that part.

Nikon D5000, 55-200mm lens for the distance shots and a 18-55 kit for the wheel and interior shots. All lighting was done by the sun/clouds. Clouds rolled in and killed the awesome sunset so I changed the sky temperature to give it a nice feel. I really tried to get sharp photos, turned VR off since I was using a tripod (didn't know this before lol), manual focus and switched between aperture priority and manual mode depending on the shots. 2 and 5 are not as clear as I would have hoped. Post in Lightroom and Paint Shop Pro (not photoshop lol). I'm still working on "getting it right in camera."

1. f/6.3 75mm 1/640 ISO200

2. f/5.6 55mm 1/320 ISO200

3. f/5.6 30mm 1/100 ISO200

4. f/5.6 55mm 1/80 ISO200

5. f/5.6 55mm 1/40 ISO200

6. f/4.0 55mm 1/320 ISO200

"Behind the scenes" lol... after doing post in Lightroom, I went to Paint Shop Pro to fix the cracked front bumper and adjust some things Lightroom isn't that good at.

10359036_10154119029040534_9125684034746

Location is only a few miles from my house, on the outskirts of Portland... so you local Datsun people need to hit me up for a shoot, I need more practice.

-Robert

• Like 1

My guess was the first photo had Mt Adams in it, and the last photo had Mt St Helens in it, but I am just guessing.

Close!!  First photos and interior have Mt Hood, and the last photo have Mt St Helens and Mt Adams(partially by the tall trees on the very right).  At least I think it's Mt. Adams lol... I suppose I should look it up.

-Robert

Apparently using a tripod is too stable for VR and it'll cause some blur trying to detect vibrations that aren't there... ...but there are people who say it depends.  I just tried with it off, haven't tried back to back though.  I did notice my photos are sharper but that is probably because I used manual focus instead of auto.  Also used shutter delay since I don't have a remote release yet, I know this makes a difference with my flimsy tripod.

-Robert

Close!!  First photos and interior have Mt Hood, and the last photo have Mt St Helens and Mt Adams(partially by the tall trees on the very right).  At least I think it's Mt. Adams lol... I suppose I should look it up.

-Robert

The reason I thought it was Mt Adams is because Mt Adams has a false summit when your climbing it, just when you think you are at the top, and you get to the top of where you are at, you can see a half a mile ahead of you is the real summit and another 700ish feet more to climb.

In the photos, it shows that step/shoulder, where you have a top on the right, but to the left is the real top of the mountain.

Here I am on top of Mt Adams with Mt St Helens in the background.

top%2520of%2520Mt.%2520Adams.jpg

• Like 1