Datsun Photographers

The reason I thought it was Mt Adams is because Mt Adams has a false summit when your climbing it, just when you think you are at the top, and you get to the top of where you are at, you can see a half a mile ahead of you is the real summit and another 700ish feet more to climb.

In the photos, it shows that step/shoulder, where you have a top on the right, but to the left is the real top of the mountain.

Here I am on top of Mt Adams with Mt St Helens in the background.

top%2520of%2520Mt.%2520Adams.jpg

Nice shot, you don't seem to be wearing heavy layers for mountain climbing haha. How long is the trek to the top, I'd like to try it someday.

-Robert

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice shot, you don't seem to be wearing heavy layers for mountain climbing haha. How long is the trek to the top, I'd like to try it someday.

-Robert

That was a nice day, tee shirt and a flannel shirt were good that day, I had climbed it the weekend before with friends and it took us 13 hours and it became a white out when we reached the summit, a storm moved in, I had hidden some stuff that day on the way up, and in the white out I was unable to find it on the way down, fact is we were lucky to find our way down that day at all, it's a long story that I will save for another day, it involves hacky sack with crampons, mushrooms(liberty caps), a white out, sliding on ours asses to long, a snow field without any foot prints on it, and me saying that this is where me and my companions were parting ways unless they followed me, I got home safely, and so did they, as they followed me.

It's about a 14 mile trip from the trail head round trip, as I said it took us 13 hours that first day, the next weekend it took me 9 hours, and I had to re-climb about 1000/2000 feet as I forgot I left my wallet in my back pocket, and it came out in the first 10 feet of me sliding down, so it was likely closer to 8 hours.

As I said, it was a nice day, when your climbing, your staying warm, it's when you stop that you start getting cold, but I had a heavy coat, gloves, stocking cap, handkerchiefs, and lots of water with me.

This is a scanned copy of the photo of the week before, i'm bottom center.

001.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Mendocino Carousel...

MendoCarouselPanorama2_zpsf4c2623d.jpg

The endless roller coaster of Highway 1 

MendoCarousel4-14_zps44bd95a2.jpg

Figbuck & Ratsun approved activity...

MendoCarouselSuperbike_zps49c6efbd.jpg

West Marin sunset...

620SunsetWestMarin_zpsccb3a276.jpg

Next evening after a 90 degree spring day @ San Francisco Ocean Beach, shot from Ft. Funston...

620SunsetFt_zps44d4a206.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

Whattup photo people!!

I need some insight on what cameras are beeing used out there....I haven't used a DSLR since it was just SLR....

What are you guys using as far as bodies and lenses.....

This is what I want bad....but dayam it's a grip

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+EOS+70D+20.2MP+DSLR+Camera+%2528Body+Only%2529%252C+Case%252C+Battery+%2526+32GB+Memory+Card/9999233100050010.p?skuId=9999233100050010&id=pcmprd231800050010&productCategoryId=pcmcat180400050006

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/canon-ef-s-18-200mm-f-3-5-5-6-is-standard-zoom-lens-black/9065174.p?id=1218014505092&skuId=9065174&productCategoryId=pcmcat196500050012

......to get me started.

I need some insight on what cameras are beeing used out there....I haven't used a DSLR since it was just SLR....

What are you guys using as far as bodies and lenses.....

Currently, this...

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Digital-18-55mm-discontinued-manufacturer/dp/B004J3V90Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1411599915&sr=1-1&keywords=canon+t3i

Using the stock lens for now, but will probably get one of these. Good price for a good all-around lens...

http://www.amazon.com/Tamron-AF-18-200mm-Aspherical-Canon/dp/B0007WK8MQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1411600003&sr=1-1&keywords=tamron+canon+lens

And of course I had to get one of these. Let's you use two batteries instead of one, and of course makes portrait shooting easier...

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-BG-E8-Battery-Grip/dp/B0039VYN1Y/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1411600110&sr=1-8&keywords=canon+t3i+vertical+grip

Of course they just came out with the T5i for a few bucks more. I hate technology. As soon as you buy something it's made obsolete...   :rofl:

• Like 1

I miss my old Sony A330 DSLR (and the tilt LCD screen) ... cause my Nikon D3100 sucks for rolling shots, and race track photos (if you want to use auto-focus and the LCD screen, for panning shots)

I read Sony has a faster auto focus sensor than Nikon or Cannon (when using the LCD screen) .. so much faster (and rapid) rolling shots, and WAY better quality in 'auto' mode than my Nikon ... I've never used a Cannon

• Like 1

I miss my old Sony A330 DSLR (and the tilt LCD screen) ... cause my Nikon D3100 sucks for rolling shots, and race track photos (if you want to use auto-focus and the LCD screen, for panning shots)

I read Sony has a faster auto focus sensor than Nikon or Cannon (when using the LCD screen) .. so much faster (and rapid) rolling shots, and WAY better quality in 'auto' mode than my Nikon ... I've never used a Cannon

Ya....my buddy mentioned the A6000.....seems pretty bad ass.......

............never would've considered Sony for a DSLR but seems like crept up the ladder quite a bit....

Way less expensive and the features are tremendous....

Yeah I never use auto focus myself. I've always used an old D100 which was good but just got a D3200 so I'll start using that a bit and see how it works. So far I'm liking it but I don't use auto focus as half my lenses are from old film cameras that didn't have auto focus so I can't really comment on that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A few things I use consistantly, exposure compensation, white balancing with my Expodisk, polarizer on sunny days, 1A filter for others. I try and do 90% within the camera and 10% in Photoshop. I use a Nikon D70 & D700, 300mm F3.5, 70-200mm F/2.8, 24-70mm F/2.8 and a 50mm F/1.2 plus an assortment of flash units with wireless triggers. I shoot anything and everything but do look forward to the races.