Eagle Rock Datsun Nippon Swap meet and car Show Nov 10 2013

Ranman72

To all y'all who've offered your thoughts, condolences & spare parts…MAY THE DATSUN GODS BLESS YOU MANY TIMES OVER!!!

Holy smokes Ranman72! Glad you all made it home safe. That looks pretty gnarly! And YES, you are right…I am in need of the ZX strut tops/isolators that bolt up to my wagon. Hoping a set will come through asap : )

Wicked Jester- Great story…glad to hear a positive outcome!

Dantheman- appreciate the offer…so kind of you.

Datrod- Gosh, that's awful. Talk about adding insult to injury! I really have thought about it A LOT since yesterday & am bummed about losing a BUNCH of money I scraped up & DID work HARD for…BUT, I definitely am counting my blessings that it wasn't worse. Between my work schedule & going to Grad school I don't have time to mess with the hassles of stolen credit cards/identity theft & all that crap!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just popping in to post the 1 pic I took.

I had to work down the street, 9am at Fig and York so I just paid my $2 took a picture bought $161 worth of rubber for my 620 walked thru the lot and bolted.

null_zps34bba391.jpg

Sorry to hear about your lost $$ Angela. That really detracts from what looked like a good event.

It always surprises me in LA that there are so many vintage cars around. I never see them on the streets.

I'm used to Portland, OR where the city is small enough that you see the same vehicles regularly. I don't think I've seen any of the cars from Eagle Rock or the Peterson on the road before those shows. Just seas of new car payments all around me! ;)

Good to see so many enthusiasts in my neighborhood. Even if you all just came up for a visit.

Anyone hit up the Oinkster while you were here?

Thanks, Datswag80

I try to maintain my belief in the goodness in people but yesterday really shook that belief & more than my wallet took a big hit.

Again, it's people like Jose that still give me hope.

That really sucks! most of the people that attend these events are really good people! but amongst them there's always some bad apples!

i cant believe :poop:  like this would happen either.

:sneaky: MF's like that need to be dragged behind a truck up & down the offramp at full speed

they will get theirs soon enough!
:ninja:

Ash trays that fit in a 71 wagon

Window washer bottle w/working motor

Metal (plastic is OK too) Datsun emblems for trunk/fenders

i have a dash ashtray, but you cant have it for cigarettes. its only for change and random bolts.

if your looking for the rear doors, i have some in the sedan that could be yours

i think i have a bottle too, motor should be working.

i have a nice plastic set, 1 has all 3 tabs, the other 2 both have 2.

GL finding metal

• Like 1

Great pics! Too bad none were of the perps that stole my cash!

Thanks for the offers for parts you guys...true Datsun folks take care of their own : )

PM me & I can work out the details w/you.

Thanks so much you guys. You rock!

Ok lets be honest ,510 meets attract thieves ! over ten years ago when we met at Mario's on Crenshaw shit was being stolen then by a bunch of punks ,ask Art Brown (Ice Cube ) knew these guys ripped off his euro turn signals during burn off show , true story he pulled his gun and said let me see under spare tire cover in a guys trunk ,and wow there was his shit and other stuff ! He is a law enforcement officer (cool one) true story !So watch your stuff ,I did not attend this time so I was not at this one ,always worried about thieves ,we could go on and on about missing stuff.

That guy is a HONDA boy,why does he even come there.I will tell you one thing he thinks he is a god and he does not return phone calls.

It's a lot easier to hate then appreciate the hard work that probably went into making that swap happen. Purity and staying in the family is cool, but if we all thought the same we'd all have an l20 with webers. And the whole Honda boy quote gets so old, not talking bad to you but let's grow up. Not saying I'd do that swap but definitely admire it

It's a lot easier to hate then appreciate the hard work that probably went into making that swap happen. Purity and staying in the family is cool, but if we all thought the same we'd all have an l20 with webers. And the whole Honda boy quote gets so old, not talking bad to you but let's grow up. Not saying I'd do that swap but definitely admire it

The swap is cool its just he is a Honda man then,and i tried to get him to do the swap and thats when the second part comes in.To me he is a flake.

The Honda motors complete are like 5k for the swap, motor ,trans and harness,and another 3k for labor to do one.so it can cost a lot , very nice ,I hear they have weak tranny's one of my customers has a s2k shop here local.

Money check,talk to Erik check does not call back ever,oh thats the problem.Its ok i am a  lot happier with what i did to my truck now.

Honda boy or not F20c and F22c1 are sweet power plants. 240hp and up to 9000rpm reliable Honda power.

These engines spin bearings but only when constantly rung out by the driver.

And the trans is pretty good if you aren't trying to drag race with what is more like 1/2 an F1 engine than torque monster turbo or V8.

Turbos and hard launches definitely eat the s2000 6spd.

I've been wanting to swap one of these into a project for 3-4 years but they ARE expensive. Bare bones kit is 3500-4k vs SR20 at $1-2000

OH and unless you use the dumb 80's Corvette looking stock gauges you have to drop more $$ on an ECU to run the endings. I don't like digital gauges

Maybe I need a google 7" tablet with an analogue gauge app permanently mounted on the dash

Honda boy or not F20c and F22c1 are sweet power plants. 240hp and up to 9000rpm reliable Honda power.

These engines spin bearings but only when constantly rung out by the driver.

And the trans is pretty good if you aren't trying to drag race with what is more like 1/2 an F1 engine than torque monster turbo or V8.

Turbos and hard launches definitely eat the s2000 6spd.

I've been wanting to swap one of these into a project for 3-4 years but they ARE expensive. Bare bones kit is 3500-4k vs SR20 at $1-2000

OH and unless you use the dumb 80's Corvette looking stock gauges you have to drop more $$ on an ECU to run the endings. I don't like digital gauges

Maybe I need a google 7" tablet with an analogue gauge app permanently mounted on the dash

Your right i wanted to do it,again the honda boy thing is he works on honda's

That guy is a HONDA boy,why does he even come there.I will tell you one thing he thinks he is a god and he does not return phone calls.

dont feel bad god has never called me either  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:

• Like 2

Wow, thanks so much for your kind offer. I appreciate it whole-heartedly.

Since my money ($525) was in somebody else's pocket before noon even hit, my shopping ceased before I could find a few things on my list so IF anyone has any of the items I'd hoped to gather up...

Looking for:

Top strut caps/insulators for 280 Z struts I hope to use to upgrade my wagon ' stock set up.

Ash trays that fit in a 71 wagon

Gas filler neck assembly from a '69 wagon (part where a locking gas cap attaches)

Window washer bottle w/working motor

Metal (plastic is OK too) Datsun emblems for trunk/fenders

Thanks!

Angela

I have the fender emblems METAL replicas very good condition I sold plenty at the meet dont know if u got some from me or if u still need them let me know and I can show u some pictures 650 810 6108 if u need pictures thanks