Eagle Rock Datsun Nippon Swap meet and car Show Nov 10 2013

Ranman72

Honda boy or not F20c and F22c1 are sweet power plants. 240hp and up to 9000rpm reliable Honda power.

These engines spin bearings but only when constantly rung out by the driver.

And the trans is pretty good if you aren't trying to drag race with what is more like 1/2 an F1 engine than torque monster turbo or V8.

Turbos and hard launches definitely eat the s2000 6spd.

I've been wanting to swap one of these into a project for 3-4 years but they ARE expensive. Bare bones kit is 3500-4k vs SR20 at $1-2000

OH and unless you use the dumb 80's Corvette looking stock gauges you have to drop more $$ on an ECU to run the endings. I don't like digital gauges

Maybe I need a google 7" tablet with an analogue gauge app permanently mounted on the dash

A guy that repairs them and races them , says he changes oil in trans every time changes engine oil almost (inspects),and has a spare  jdm trans , in stock usually , why ? 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy that repairs them and races them , says he changes oil in trans every time changes engine oil almost (inspects),and has a spare jdm trans , in stock usually , why ?

But this is my point (see red word above)

What kind of racing? S2000 is a street car and canyon carver at best.

are we talking about e yellow truck still? TURBO.

Driven on street spirited to nor they are fine.

They aren't over built like a Getrag M265 that is often mated to 150hp but built for 500.

Yes there are stronger transmissions around but you can't expect to take factory street parts racing and have them last at all.

I did the Chump Car 36hr race in Spokane this year and we were using stock parts. That equaled 1 engine swap(nearly 2) and 1 transmission swap. We were Racing.

That same engine and Trans on my street car has 230,000 miles on it.its running and shifting fine.

I am looking for the guy who bought the NOS D jdm 68 grille emblem from me he gave me a deposit of $50 bucks and I am going to be in LA this saturday 11/23/13 around 3pm  so I am wondering if we can meet I didnt get his number hopefully he gets this message I am taking the emblem with me just in case 

I think he also bought a set of NOS ruber for windshield front and back for a 510 

Sorry I dont know his name or phone number lol 

He is a datsun 68 guy he always buy stuff for 68 

any info here is my number 650 810 6108 thanks guys