Free SMOG Test Checkpoint in Vista, CA today

For you North County San Diego guys, there will be free roadside smog checks with helpful CHP officers 'pulling you over' and asking you to submit your vehicle for a test. 

Location is at 1134 North Melrose Drive, Vista CA 92084

http://www.epa.gov/oms/regs/im/roadside.pdf

4.3: Inspection Protocol
Currently, AQR teams use the following test procedure. Using the random sample method, a
CHP officer selects vehicles and directs them into the test lane as soon as the test of the previous
vehicle is complete. The greeter explains to the driver that the test is part of a survey to evaluate
the Smog Check Program and that there are no penalties, emissions-related or otherwise,
associated with the test. The BAR greeter also provides the driver with a consumer information
handout (Appendix D) that further explains the Roadside Inspection Program. If the driver
agrees to participate in the inspection process, the vehicle is inspected. If the driver refuses, the
vehicle is released and another vehicle is quickly directed into the test lane. The license plate
numbers of vehicles whose operators decline to participate in the Roadside Inspection Program
are recorded and entered into a laptop computer for later analysis.

• Like 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion they have enough smog regulations in place 

they dont need to hassle us with FREE ROADSIDE SMOG ENFORCMENT 

You are free to decline the check,its not mandatory.So what if they take a vehicle license number down.You wouldnt be required to pass a smog test until your biennial inspection anyway.I do agree they have enough regulations in place already and they have actually made it easier/cheaper to pass smog.

You are free to decline the check,its not mandatory.So what if they take a vehicle license number down.You wouldnt be required to pass a smog test until your biennial inspection anyway.I do agree they have enough regulations in place already and they have actually made it easier/cheaper to pass smog.

I love taking my diesel in to get it smogged

what a joke

they look at everything check for codes or missing pieces ask if you want to decline the 10 dollar tire check and fill fee then charge you something like 69 dollars and say have a nice day you passed

even the smog tech said its a joke  

in my opinion they have enough smog regulations in place 

they dont need to hassle us with FREE ROADSIDE SMOG ENFORCMENT 

i agree with you, i was just making a joke about your grammar.   im against all check points for any reason.  its lazy police work and assumes everyone is guilty.

I love taking my diesel in to get it smogged

what a joke

they look at everything check for codes or missing pieces ask if you want to decline the 10 dollar tire check and fill fee then charge you something like 69 dollars and say have a nice day you passed

even the smog tech said its a joke  

Your smog tech should love every minute of that inspection-69 bucks for doing nothing.Im not a fan of the smog check but this is a very populated state we live in and unfortunately its got to be this way.Dont know how old you are but i remember driving through L.A. in the seventies,stuck in bumper to bumper traffic and our whole family nauseated from exhaust fumes.Its not like that anymore.

well the air in LA still looks like shit alot of the time but I am sure all this technology and smog shit is helping for sure 

fuel injection works wonders burns cleaner and more efficient, in the 70,s  I don't think fuel injection was even thought of  

• Like 1

unfortunately its got to be this way.

No-it doesn't. SCAQMD & CARB aren't about clean air,it's about regulating us,ruining the economy,telling us what cars we're going to drive and making money.

The on-shore winds are already at 50PPM from air pollution coming from China.

If they really gave a shit about the air,all they would care about is what comes out the tailpipe. But you can have a all stock car that is putting out three times it's allowable limit and it'll "pass" but if you have a car that runs THREE times CLEANER with mods it FAILS visual.

Same shit here in Tucson.My Cummins is allowed 30PPM.'Ya know what it blows EVERY YEAR?.....ZERO.

I'm building a FI system for the wife's 620.It'll run several times cleaner than the allowable specs.But it will fail because there is no AIR pump on it.

• Like 1

It is all bullshit, just look at the places in the world that them have mines and smelting operations for all these "green" technologies.

Norilsk, Russia-  Almost %90 of the worlds platinum and paladium is mined and smelted here. There is not one single tree for 30 miles within the smelting plant

Mines for lead acid material- cant live within 100 miles of them without seeing severe acid rain.

Not to mention to make these "green" battery powered cars, they have to transport all this material on ships using fossil fuels, 3 TIMES to 3 SEPARATE COUNTRIES.

This list goes on for a long while but those are the most prominent two.

CARB and the EPA are out to help out NO ONE, except their own existence.

• Like 1

No-it doesn't. SCAQMD & CARB aren't about clean air,it's about regulating us,ruining the economy,telling us what cars we're going to drive and making money.

The on-shore winds are already at 50PPM from air pollution coming from China.

If they really gave a shit about the air,all they would care about is what comes out the tailpipe. But you can have a all stock car that is putting out three times it's allowable limit and it'll "pass" but if you have a car that runs THREE times CLEANER with mods it FAILS visual.

Same shit here in Tucson.My Cummins is allowed 30PPM.'Ya know what it blows EVERY YEAR?.....ZERO.

I'm building a FI system for the wife's 620.It'll run several times cleaner than the allowable specs.But it will fail because there is no AIR pump on it.

Ive never had a car pass smog that had 3 times the allowable pollutants coming out the tailpipe.1 extra ppm beyond max required repairs.

• Like 1

Ive never had a car pass smog that had 3 times the allowable pollutants coming out the tailpipe.1 extra ppm beyond max required repairs.

You can get the car "refereed" ,there-for it has "passed". But a car that is three times cleaner,but fails visual CAN NOT get "refereed".