Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love you D-Mike.

meeting you, Lou, and Flatcat is the main reason I'm probably going to Canby. RVD can come if he pays for the gas and crack rocks

Flat won't be there.

Fucking Lou didn't go last year either

a glue lam is when 2x4 or 2x6 or 2x whatever are glued together stacked on top of one another and they are usualy built with a certain amount of arch in them 

this is called a micro-lam which is plywood laminated together in a vertical pattern and are typically lazer straight

the house we are working on was built in the 60,s and had 4 2x12 bolted together with 1/2 inch bolts

we are remodeling the house and the 2x12 does not meet the snow load requirement for the area so we added 1 3/4 micro lambs to each side and bolted them together  

glue lamb 

FC9988B25A8BA39280DEE707533B1B42_boise_g

micro lam or also called LVL

All%20Sizes%20LVL_.jpg

then there are also parralams which are particles compressed and glued together they are very dense and heavy

materials1.jpg

the engineer will use any and all of the above to meet load requirements and also to suit different installation needs   

Oh, I now see the problem with my floor, I used lambs. Common mistake probably.

calm down i build airplanes not houses, be glad i didn't say thingamajig. we have those on airplanes, lots of them. and whatsits and bobbles

a glue lam is when 2x4 or 2x6 or 2x whatever are glued together stacked on top of one another and they are usualy built with a certain amount of arch in them 

this is called a micro-lam which is plywood laminated together in a vertical pattern and are typically lazer straight

the house we are working on was built in the 60,s and had 4 2x12 bolted together with 1/2 inch bolts

we are remodeling the house and the 2x12 does not meet the snow load requirement for the area so we added 1 3/4 micro lambs to each side and bolted them together  

glue lamb 

FC9988B25A8BA39280DEE707533B1B42_boise_g

micro lam or also called LVL

All%20Sizes%20LVL_.jpg

then there are also parralams which are particles compressed and glued together they are very dense and heavy

materials1.jpg

the engineer will use any and all of the above to meet load requirements and also to suit different installation needs   

i was close, makes sense though, had to do that with my dads mobile a few years back. whole lotta work for... well he sold the house