Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

20141017_190404.jpg

I could not pass these things up for $5 @ the Chickasha, OK Swap Meet today. they reminded me of a hobie or OP tank top color scheme that was very popular in the early 1980s. I kind want to install them on my wagon but I hate drilling holes in a car's body. Had to have them though!

1413124492724.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anybody around here driving there L 16 without a thermostat? Mine bugged up last night and sent the temp gauge to 11,  it was about 2 years old.

So I pulled it out. Now the temp sits a little over 1/4 the way up ( say like 2.6).

is it me or does the engine seem to run better colder?  Anyway...........   thoughts anyone?  I don't like how the last one let the temp get really high before it opened up.

Saw this Nissan Pulsar "SSS" today and thought "There was a time when a SSS badge on a Nissan/Datsun would mean you'd be looking at something exciting..." 

SSS.jpg

The SS on GMs used to mean something too. Well at least you could peel it off and put on your more deserving Datsun

Just looked through Seattle Cl for Cars/trucks. 1000's of cars for sale in any price range needed. Must of spent a good hour thumbing through it. They were all so vanilla, while i was still looking I sorta glazed over and day dreamed about the Datsun in the drive way.

I like to waste my time doing this about once every other month, really makes me appreciate the Dat.

• Like 2

The garbage we get today from car companies is a product of design by committee vs. empowering individual vision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_by_committee

The demands of capitalism has swallowed that up. Style moves so quickly today, there is no way for manufacturers to tap into cultural stylistic trends. The influence of an "art movement" on society no longer exists. Movements like Art Deco, Craftsman, Dada, Modernist, etc expressed themselves not only in art, but in fashion, and industrial design alike. When was the last time you could buy a chair, a teapot, an outfit and a car that shared the same design theme? The shit we saw in the 80s marked the gruesome end of a singular design movement. Although the Dodge K car, all the way to the Benz SELs looked like soulless cardboard boxes, I think that's what having no predominant cultural vision looks like. To prove how lost designers are today, just look at the  IDx,  They are trying to tap into a "culture" that does not exist.

• Like 3

The SS on GMs used to mean something too. Well at least you could peel it off and put on your more deserving Datsun

HD was the same way- years ago when you saw HD on a GM truck, it meant Heavy Duty. Now it pretty much just means High Dollar.

It seems like the more new vehicles I look at, the more likely I am to hang onto my old junkers.

Alright. Random question. How is one expected to react when they see a bullshit employee who should be fired for abandonment of position stay employed and yet saw a good employee get fired for the same Goddamn thing three years prior? Rule hasn't changed and bullshit employee is actually getting away with way more than the good employee did.

Some bullshit is afoot

I don't believe in the concept of "good and bad employees" any more. I think an employee who is as technically deficient as an Amish iPod mechanic but who is liked by the boss is most likely going to be treated better and allowed to get by with more BS than a talented and effective employee who is not best buds with the boss. also, if an employee is really a screw-up they have less potential to be promoted and are thus less of a replacement threat to a substandard supervisor so you can bet they will get to stay around longer!!!

• Like 1

I don't believe in the concept of "good and bad employees" any more. I think an employee who is as technically deficient as an Amish iPod mechanic but who is liked by the boss is most likely going to be treated better and allowed to get by with more BS than a talented and effective employee who is not best buds with the boss. also, if an employee is really a screw-up they have less potential to be promoted and are thus less of a replacement threat to a substandard supervisor so you can bet they will get to stay around longer!!!

big corporation. We don't just replace supervisors.

Mechanic who was fired was liked by the supervisor and crew, hr department took it out of supervisors hands. Currently employee who should be fired is disliked by crew and supervisor.

And when you get in trouble for your shotty quality you become a bad employee