Daily Randomness.........Back to Randomness........................................

• Replies 25.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VFR800

• datzenmike

• q-tip

• hobospyder

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey could you run that oil through a paint strainer and sell it to me?  It looks cleaner than the crap in my F150.

That's because she cracked the oil pan a few days ago and they just kept refilling it with oil......

It doesn't make a sound because it was not running or it seriously sounded normal?

No.....it actually sounded normal when it ran....I'm guessing it was from a previous catastrophe.....

.....it came in for the cracked oil pan.......

.......5th one this year for me on this type of vehicle..........

Ah, got it.

What's going on with the oil pans, bad casting you think?

No....the casting is fine.....they just happen to put it where a cross member should be......

It is literally the first thing that will hit anything that goes under your car......fuckin' stupid.....

Type of vehicle being make or model?

Any late model, 4 cyl, Passat or Jetta.......probably for the past 10years or so.....

There's a guy in town with a slammed Jetta and he's proud of doing 12 oil pans this year.........

............I asked him never to buy a Datsun......

A long time ago, when Jeep CJ started using the AMC 304 in some of them, they seem to miss the fact that the oil pump and oil filter were in direct line of the front axle housing. Most people would never find this problem out, but if you really gave it a beating, it would come up far enough to sheer that fucker right off.

^^^a lesson my buddies dad found out the hard way. He used to move his chicken coop around with his jeep, he kept it in place with a 6' ground rod, forgot to pull the rod, tried to pull the coop got the jeep almost vertical and slammed it back down.....and shit broke.

I found this out a similar way. I built an AMC 360 to replace the 304 (pump in the same spot). I pulled out onto the pavement, turned it up, side stepped the clutch and the front came up so hi that it hit the hitch receiver into the pavement (hard) I lifted my foot really quick and "bang", off it came. From then on, I just made the bump stops that Jeep should have.

See almost exactly like my F150 only replace oil pan with valve cover gaskets,, and maybe piston rings.

I remember when my niece and nephew both ran 85--88 VW jettas in high school and college , cuz they were so incredibly cheap to keep on the road. Always a rickety, squeaky  pile right from the start but strangely wouldn't get worse,,, just keep on trucking... i guess those times are a long gone.

That's because she cracked the oil pan a few days ago and they just kept refilling it with oil......

No.....it actually sounded normal when it ran....I'm guessing it was from a previous catastrophe.....

.....it came in for the cracked oil pan.......

.......5th one this year for me on this type of vehicle..........